Getting new Tower (Pure Base 600) Am I dumb?

Forsaken Knight

So I really want a new tower, as the old one is in bad shape, and loud imo.

So I wanted a new one, heard that these "Be Quiet! Dark Base" should be good making no noise, and they have even been on as AD by Linus, so they can't be that bad, right?

I'm getting the "small"(600) as money is a problem, but I want the Dark Base Pro 900 Later on, and maybe I could use some from this in that. (I am not getting this yet as money is a problem but maybe later I am lucky enough to have the money for it)

NOW just to be sure I don't do anything really dumb I just posted to see if any have some '2 cent' to throw at me. (e.g. other recommendation, or just to say that it's a bad tower? though with reason why that is)

I have a " 990FX Extreme9 "  MOBO, and it's ATX Form it says, so it should fit in there.

CPU : AMD FX-9590

MOBO : ASROCK 990FX Extreme 9

RAM : 2 * Corsair 667MHx DDR3 8GB DUAL, 2 * Kingston 889MHz DD3 8GB DUAL

GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 4GB

Keep in mind that the first step to silencing your PC is silencing your hardware. That is getting a quiet cooler, quiet graphics card and so on. A silenced case should come last. It will still make some difference though for sure.

7 minutes ago, gorgonzola5000 said:

be quiet! cases are really pricey. I'd better go with something cheaper like NZXT H500 

The BQ PB 600 Cost me like 13% more than the NZXT H500 :/  so not much difference

16 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Keep in mind that the first step to silencing your PC is silencing your hardware. That is getting a quiet cooler, quiet graphics card and so on. A silenced case should come last. It will still make some difference though for sure.

Well I sorta knew that, BUT I am thinking on getting a NZXT Kraken M22 next, for my "amd fx 9590"

Also keep in mind, the current case is 'broken' the front end fan has some kind of a problem ,and I have a Pen sticking out just to make sure it's "staple", and I don't have anything to hold 2 of my HDD in it right now, they are more or less bad in place with strips. :/

It's really expensive and lacks a PSU shroud, so IMO get an NZXT H500 and a new cooler for silence

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

It's really expensive and lacks a PSU shroud, so IMO get an NZXT H500 and a new cooler for silence

Again, it's not much of a difference

BQ PB 600 cost : 700 DKK

NZXT H500 Cost : 600 DKK

So only 85% of it's cost, making the cost difference not matter

1 minute ago, gorgonzola5000 said:

Pure Base 600 doesn't even have a window and looks like a case from 2014 for me. If you want to upgrade your case to Dark Base 900 then don't waste money on temporary solutions like this little overpriced piece of plastic. It doesn't mean I recommend the Dark Base 900, I'd still go with something else. If you want something bigger then go with the H700 from NZXT or 500D from Corsair.

https://www.computersalg.dk/i/3437035/be-quiet-pure-base-600-window-midi

It does come with a window., Also NZXT Don't have a window

and to me it looks much more professional, as it comes with bays, It also comes with 3 fans, the NZXT only comes with 1, if it even comes with one.

Second, over priced? you do understand that the NZXT is nearly as expensive? so that would be a bad recommendation and I could use the same argument.

It more seems like you have a grudge against them?

On 12/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, Forsaken Knight said:

I'm getting the "small"(600) as money is a problem, but I want the Dark Base Pro 900 Later on, and maybe I could use some from this in that. (I am not getting this yet as money is a problem but maybe later I am lucky enough to have the money for it)

NOW just to be sure I don't do anything really dumb I just posted to see if any have some '2 cent' to throw at me. (e.g. other recommendation, or just to say that it's a bad tower? though with reason why that is)

I would buy the case you want, not a place holder case. 

What does the DBP900 do that the PB600 doesnt? Are you custom watercooling? Do you need future E-ATX support? Reversible Motherboard tray?

Cases specifically are the one thing that you should be able to carry over for a while until certain features become obsolete (need more watercooling space, less 5.25" bays, etc) and are also the single biggest pain to swap out of, because you have to take literally the whole system out of it. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I would buy the case you want, not a place holder case. 

What does the DBP900 do that the PB600 doesnt? Are you custom watercooling? Do you need future E-ATX support? Reversible Motherboard tray?

Cases specifically are the one thing that you should be able to carry over for a while until certain features become obsolete (need more watercooling space, less 5.25" bays, etc) and are also the single biggest pain to swap out of, because you have to take literally the whole system out of it. 

the DBP900 has better airflow, and is supposed to be more silent to a certain decree.

No I am not custom water cooling, I am most likely to buy a AIO water cooling, the " NZXT Kraken M22 " As I am lazy and just want it 'quickly done' and don't wanna have to clean it out, every now and then.

I have not thought of " future E-ATX support" and so on. That is why I would buy them if I ever got money, and upgrade 1 item at a time.

6 minutes ago, Forsaken Knight said:

the DBP900 has better airflow, and is supposed to be more silent to a certain decree.

The DBP900 might have a bit better airflow, but the PB600 is actually one of the quietest cases available. However neither are considered "high airflow" (I would personally struggle to call either one "decent" in terms of airflow) and in many instances you can make a airflow case acoustically sound like a silent case and get as good if not better performance.

Now if silence is your main concern then yes these cases are built for just that. But if you want a better balance you might want to look into something like the Fractal Design Define C (assuming you can get it in I'm assuming Denmark based on the currency) which will give you good silence but also good cooling performance. "Jack of all trades, master of none" sorta thing. 

For proof of concept:

At max RPM settings the be quiet! case is nearly identical to the Define C (only about 1db of difference)

fractal-define-c-noise

But in performance the Define C gets much better CPU temperatures. (Aida 64 ona 6700k)

fractal-define-c-cpu-temp

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2857-fractal-define-c-review-logical-and-quiet-but-warm

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Now if silence is your main concern then yes these cases are built for just that. But if you want a better balance you might want to look into something like the Fractal Design Define C (assuming you can get it in I'm assuming Denmark based on the currency) which will give you good silence but also good cooling performance. "Jack of all trades, master of none" sorta thing.  

Thank you very much TVwazhere

I will check if I can get the one you recommend :)

And most likely buy that one, if I find a good prize on it. ;)

Spoiler

I have a Fractal case and it’s superb!

I would go for the C if you don’t need the drive bays. It was my #1 criteria when choosing a new case, I hated them with a passion.

Having them all round the back with the cables is much nicer and nothing blocks airflow from the front anymore.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have a Fractal case and it’s superb!

I would go for the C if you don’t need the drive bays. It was my #1 criteria when choosing a new case, I hated them with a passion.

Having them all round the back with the cables is much nicer and nothing blocks airflow from the front anymore.

Nice info, thank you for that, I will keep that in mind ;)

On 12/31/2018 at 7:05 AM, Forsaken Knight said:

have a " 990FX Extreme9 "  MOBO, and it's ATX Form it says, so it should fit in there.

I would upgrade your hardware before worrying about the case.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 hours ago, Spotty said:

I would upgrade your hardware before worrying about the case.

I am buying a new case as the first, because the case is trash imo...

Also got any recommendation? :) I thought the mobo was good  (I don't have any knowledge of them)

Just now, Forsaken Knight said:

I am buying a new case as the first, because the case is trash imo...

Also got any recommendation? :) I thought the mobo was good  (I don't have any knowledge of them)

The motherboard was probably decent back in the day, but it means you're on an old AMD AM3 socket CPU. Those CPUs don't hold up that well these days. Pretty much any modern CPU will beat them.

Not sure what system specs you currently have, or what you plan on using the system for, but you'd likely be looking at pretty much an entirely new system. At least new motherboard, CPU, and RAM. You should definitely add a SSD if you don't already have one. Replacing the case isn't going to improve the performance so in my opinion should be lower on the list of priorities.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The motherboard was probably decent back in the day, but it means you're on an old AMD AM3 socket CPU. Those CPUs don't hold up that well these days. Pretty much any modern CPU will beat them.

Not sure what system specs you currently have, or what you plan on using the system for, but you'd likely be looking at pretty much an entirely new system. At least new motherboard, CPU, and RAM. You should definitely add a SSD if you don't already have one. Replacing the case isn't going to improve the performance so in my opinion should be lower on the list of priorities.

I'm not looking into improving the system ATM as it works fine.

I am trying to make it less loud, as the fans are way to noise for my liking.

Also I have SSD...

And I don't have the money to just buy a new setup, That is why I am trying to upgrade things that can be used later on, but that will also make more happy about my current computer, as of right now, I have 2 HDD striped in, and hanging loose... I DON'T LIKE THIS, so I want a new case where all thing can fit in, and sit tight.

I have updated my sig, so now you can see my specs, or at least those I thought was needed