Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big electronic stores in Toronto

Hi guys!

First of all, I'm pretty new to LTT forum and this is my first post. I'm from Poland and I'm going to a boarding school in September. Education system is a bit different here so I'll be over 16 when it happens. My PC is really old and really slow (GT 630, i7 3770) Unfortunately, I can't build myself a rig because where would I put it if I'm going to a boarding school, right? So I have saved some money to buy a laptop. Prices on electronics are much higher in here compered to these in Canada or US. I'm going to Canada to my family for a week sometime in May and I've been wondering if I could buy a laptop there. I don't have access to a bank account where I could have CAD currency so buying stuff on Amazon or Newegg won't work. Also, I'm concerned that there could be a delay on the delivery and I would just have to fly back without my laptop and money.

Memory Express hasn't got any stores in Ontario. Meh. From what I googled, there are a few BestBuy retailers. My family there aren't very techy and I don't think that they know where to buy some serious electronics without overpaying.

So there comes the question to Toronto or Mississauga residents:
Which big electronics stores would you recommend?

And maybe a question to anyone that had bought something abroad and took it home:
Are there any complications at the airport?

Thanks for replies and have a good day:D

You want cringe?

Spoiler

Ok! Here we go:
i7 3770 - it's not THAT bad
HP Mobo - here's where it gets even worse
6 Gb DDR3
GT 630 - yes, GT
case from the HP prebuilt
same as the PSU
LG 1360x768p - man, I want to cry
Drevo Blademaster Pro (Cherry MX Red) - I'm still waiting for my preorder:(
Logitech G305 - 90g ?
Logitech G533 - I love wireless stuff

Try Canada Computers. Their prices are probably the best compared to other stores in Toronto and Mississauga.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

20 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Try Canada Computers. Their prices are probably the best compared to other stores in Toronto and Mississauga.

Thanks dude:D

You want cringe?

Spoiler

Ok! Here we go:
6 Gb DDR3
GT 630 - yes, GT
same as the PSU
Logitech G305 - 90g ?
Logitech G533 - I love wireless stuff

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

FreeGeek toronto

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Do I have to add tax to the prices shown on the websites? If yes, then what's the tax on electronics in Ontario? I know about the taxation in US but not in CA. In Poland tax is 23% which is ridiculous but, at least, all the prices are final and you have to add just the shipping price.

You want cringe?

Spoiler

Ok! Here we go:
6 Gb DDR3
GT 630 - yes, GT
same as the PSU
Logitech G305 - 90g ?