new build wont post, restart loop, cpu LED is on

Kyronami

Just finished my new build, and it keeps turning off and on over and over when I power it up and it does not post at all. The Cooler and ram light up, and all fans do spin. Also there is no error code or beeps or anything on the mobo.

Specs:

CPU: i7-9700K

Cooler: Corsair - H115i

Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151

RAM: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000

HDD: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB

GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS XTREME

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850 W

I have already

-Tried both ram sticks separately

-Checked and replugged in all power cables

-Tried without GPU

-Took off cooler and put it back on

-Took out CPU and reseated it

I also took the entire mobo out of the case and tested it ontop of the box just to make sure it wasnt the case shorting anything... still nope

One thing I did notice is the CPU LED on the mobo is red and stays red no matter what I do, the manual provides no info on this other then "cpu problem"

What exactly do I do from this point to continue diagnosing? Is it likely that the mobo is dead? or the cpu? or the psu? I really have no idea what to do ?

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_E2569.JPG

I'm assuming these problems occurred on first startup, before you configured anything in BIOS.  My first thought seeing that red CPU LED is that you need to reseat it, but you said you already did that.  Looking at the motherboard manual I see there's an "OC_BUTTON"  It says it loads an optimized overclocking configuration.  I don't know if you pushed that by accident or on purpose, but it's possible that optimized config is giving you problems if you loaded it.  You can try clearing CMOS if that's the case.  I see you checked your PSU cables already, I was going to suggest that.  When you reseated the CPU did you carefully check for any bent pins in the socket?

I did try clearing cmos with the button and also didnt notice any bent pins

May have to take the board and cpu somewhere and get it looked at before I do a RMA because it sounds like the RMA is gonna take like a week or two of my time -.- 

So I got a second motherboard (same model), another PSU, another cooler, and a different RAM and i still get the exact same issue

so I guess my CPU is just DOA??? I thought an intel cpu being DOA was unheard of level rare 

• 3 months later...

Dude, I have an identical issue to this and have already done everything you did including trying a different psu. I have ordered a replacement board as I needed somewhere to start. What was the issue with your system in the end? Was it the Cpu.

If you can help it would be much appreciated. 

On 1/4/2019 at 1:54 AM, Kyronami said:

So I got a second motherboard (same model), another PSU, another cooler, and a different RAM and i still get the exact same issue

so I guess my CPU is just DOA??? I thought an intel cpu being DOA was unheard of level rare 

Your processor is bad.

• 4 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 8:29 AM, CoopNubbit said:

Your processor is bad.

exact same issue and tried swapping the CPU as well as the MB and the same result each time.  Is there something going on with the I7-9700K and Gigabyte - Z390?

Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Oops made a comment thought it was my post

Edited by CoopNubbit

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, was there a resolution to this? Was it indeed the CPU that was bad?

I'm having the exact same issue and not sure where to go from here.

Cheers.

I’m having the exact same problem as Vic10 and above - having tried all trouble shooting. Worried it’s a specific CPU/Board combo problem but don’t know why I’m only seeing it here

• 2 months later...

Same problem. Posting on June 19 2020. 

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra z390

i9-9900k

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600

EVGA 2080ti XC Ultra

Samsung Evo Plus 970

Corsair HX 1200W