Planning new Pc build build Thoughts?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y624kd here I have another pc build in planning. All thoughts on this build are welcome! 

My personal thought is you not gonna get much more from the 2700X than you do from the 2600, and the money you save are great. Great build it seems other than that :)

5 minutes ago, Zacspark said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y624kd here I have another pc build in planning. All thoughts on this build are welcome! 

The 212 evo is a waste of money, the stock cooler on the 2700x is just as good. If you're just gaming then get a 2600 and use the money on a gtx 1070.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

The 212 evo is a waste of money, the stock cooler on the 2700x is just as good. If you're just gaming then get a 2600 and use the money on a gtx 1070.

is it? I had no idea but I might be able to buy one from a friend for about 10 bucks, would you still recommend stock cooling?

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

will 3000 MHz ram be good enough for ryzen? or would you recommend shelling out for higher speed?

Pretty sure 3000MHz is more than enough. But hey I learned so much tonight so what do I know? :) But I doubt you would end up bottlenecking because of the RAM.

2 minutes ago, Cuirl said:

Pretty sure 3000MHz is more than enough. But hey I learned so much tonight so what do I know? :) But I doubt you would end up bottlenecking because of the RAM.

ok thanks :D 

@Zacspark not bad but I agree in that the 2700x might be a waste. You would get more out of the i7-8700k for $20 more. While the 2700x has a couple more cores - you're not going to utilize them. You need a fast single-core, and quad-core CPU and that's exactly what the 8700k is.

ALSO, IMO - for $200 on the GPU, find a second-hand 1070 or 1070ti for that.

I just got an amazing Asus Strix 980ti for $200, and performance-wise, it's equivalent, if not better than a 1070.

If you're on a budget, take your time and shop around - you can't go wrong with buying used parts - especially for your first build - you will get more bang for your buck!

Skip that hyper 212 EVO and put it in the GPU, use the stock cooler with whatever you get if you don't plan to overclock.

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

28 minutes ago, Zacspark said:

is it? I had no idea but I might be able to buy one from a friend for about 10 bucks, would you still recommend stock cooling?

you can try getting a 2700 and the used 212 evo from your friend, use it to oc to 2700x speeds. otherwise it's not worth it on the 2700x.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W