Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thinking about buying a used system, help me

Cuirl

Hi t here,

Thinking about buying a used system. And while I have a decent amount of knowledge regarding computers, I think I'd better ask around to make sure I don't do nothing stupid.

So this is the system: 
Asus maximus VIII Impact 
Kingston Fury hyperx 2x8gb 2133MHz DDR4 
Samsung 850 EVO 256 gb + Kingston A400 240gb SSD 
Asus gtx 1080 Founders Edition 
i5-6600K 
scythe big shuriken 2 rev. b (cpu cooler)
Corsair sf600 gold 
Case: node 202 

He sells it for about $US1100 which I think is pretty reasonable. I can't see to get any better sales anywhere, b ut do tell me if I'm wrong.
My main concern is the heating... would this thing not get extremely hot during high end gaming? I don't exactly do much but browse, watch Netflix and game on my computer, so no need for workstation elements, and little "iddle" time for it. Gonna likely be turned on for several days at a time without breaks. So you get why heating is a concern to me.

Any inputs?

Kind regards

Which type of currency CAD or USD for example.

Also that cpu cooler is pretty cheap and I have never heard of Scythe until I read this post. Either that the gpu would be fine since its blower but cpu cooler is questionable especially if you are gonna play high end games but not "extremely hot" as long as he doesn't have an overclock already on it. Besides that the case is very smol and probably with that motherboard you can fit it in a cube pc rather than looking like a baby server rack.

And it has 16gb of ddr4 which is enough for nearly all games and I would say it would be worth the price. Just look into getting a new cpu cooler if you do get a new case.

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

10 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Which type of currency CAD or USD for example.

Also that cpu cooler is pretty cheap and I have never heard of Scythe until I read this post. Either that the gpu would be fine since its blower but cpu cooler is questionable especially if you are gonna play high end games but not "extremely hot" as long as he doesn't have an overclock already on it. Besides that the case is very smol and probably with that motherboard you can fit it in a cube pc rather than looking like a baby server rack.

And it has 16gb of ddr4 which is enough for nearly all games and I would say it would be worth the price. Just look into getting a new cpu cooler if you do get a new case.

USD, I edited the original post to tell so aswell. 

I didn't really have any plans on moving it to another case per say. My budget is fairly limited and even this is stretching it (but the thought of getting a GTX1080 is too much of a turn on). I had planned on tinkling with my now current PC and pass it on to someone in my family or girlfriend or similar, so I'd had to keep the case for it then.

It's not overclocked. And yeah, the ram is okay. I just had hoped for 3000MHz, but I might have a deal with a used seller of some 16GB HyperX 3000MHz (4x4, though. I hope that wouldn't stress anything?). I just sat and read up some more on it. The CPU doesn't support more than 2133 anyways, Is that a thing? I feel like a retard now. I thought the motherboard dictated it only. I guess they both do?

My only hope is the CPU will be good enough for at least few more years to go aswell. So can't burn it out already :)

3 minutes ago, Cuirl said:

I didn't really have any plans on moving it to another case per say. My budget is fairly limited and even this is stretching it (but the thought of getting a GTX1080 is too much of a turn on). I had planned on tinkling with my now current PC and pass it on to someone in my family or girlfriend or similar, so I'd had to keep the case for it then.

It's not overclocked. And yeah, the ram is okay. I just had hoped for 3000MHz, but I might have a deal with a used seller of some 16GB HyperX 3000MHz (4x4, though. I hope that wouldn't stress anything?).

My only hope is the CPU will be good enough for at least few more years to go aswell. So can't burn it out already :)

The I5 6600k is a great cpu for playing video games even when it's not overclocked. It's not up to date but still competent. Also it won't "burn out" unless it reaches 95c constantly over the next year without you noticing. But if you do get the pc ask him what the max cpu load temps are. 

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

42 minutes ago, Cuirl said:

It's not overclocked. And yeah, the ram is okay. I just had hoped for 3000MHz, but I might have a deal with a used seller of some 16GB HyperX 3000MHz (4x4, though. I hope that wouldn't stress anything?). I just sat and read up some more on it. The CPU doesn't support more than 2133 anyways, Is that a thing? I feel like a retard now. I thought the motherboard dictated it only. I guess they both do?

I just did some research and turns out that the cpu cooler is really good. You probably won't need to ask him for cpu thermals. Just that the box of the product kinda startled me. It basically looks like those Japanese products that have way too much text.

516SkkQef8L.jpg

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Thanks, you the man!

Btw, it's more like just USD$1000 Flat. Not even $1100. Realistically, do I have better options for the price? Here comes all the self doubt, I realy wanna make sure I don't make a mistake here :) my finances are not so that I can just replace parts etc in the nearby future!

PS. That box is kick-ass. I would have bought it for the box only! It's so like the 90s game covers and whatnot. Gotta love it!

Btw if anybody else has any inputs that'll be great.