Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unsmooth Razer Firefly hard edition

Awsomnes

So heres the thing, I got the firefly a while back thinking the rgb was pretty dank and because I thought that it provided a very good slippery surface. Now fast forward one year, the left side of the mousepad that I constantly use feels rough and nowhere close to how it felt when I bought it, specially when comparing the left side to the right side, holy shit the difference in is huge. Now obviously you usually buy a new mousepad at this point, but Jesus lord are fireflies expensive and I dont feel like its something you could just dump and buy a new one after a year. Is there any way to make it smooth again? Maybe some kind of cleaning or something, although its electric so maybe its not the easiest way. If there is any way to make it smooth again then please tell me! Thank you.

Is there any sign of wear on the mousepad? My guess is that you might've worn down a certain area of the surface.

Try contacting Razer support. Hopefully they will tell you how to go about fixing/replacing it.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL GPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

MY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

2017 Audi Q7 | iPhone Xs Max | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 3 42mm | 2018 MacBook Pro 15" [i7/555X/16GB/256GB] | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

10 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Is there any sign of wear on the mousepad? My guess is that you might've worn down a certain area of the surface.

None visible at least, although I can definitely feel it, but maybe it just needs a real good cleaning after a year, dirt and grind could have accumulated after all this time, especially where I have my arm. Is there any good way to clean it considering that its electric? Same goes for the underside of the mouse itself.

1 minute ago, Awsomnes said:

None visible at least, although I can definitely feel it, but maybe it just needs a real good cleaning after a year, dirt and grind could have accumulated after all this time, especially where I have my arm. Is there any good way to clean it considering that its electric?

Use something like a baby wipe or a damp tissue to wipe it. As long as it isn't plugged into your computer and you don't drench it in water it should be okay.