Deciding on a new case to kick start some upgrades to my PC

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 12/29/2018 at 7:37 PM, Jaminahat said:

EDIT: I’ve just had a look at some at some other forums and seen the Lian Li 011? Does anyone have any experience with this case? Coming in at £130 it’s top of my budget but might be worth it?

The Lian Li PC-O11D is definitely worth it. It won Case of the Year 2018 from both Gamers Nexus and Dmitri (myself included, so I guess 2 and a half awards :D)

Note the $130 case comes with no fans, so you might want to look into fans that you want to put in your case besides any radiator fans you might use. 

Hello, 

Please note my current PC Specs in my signature below. I’m working with GBP and my budget is no more than £130 for a case.

I’m looking to get a new case as my current case is very small and all of my components are pretty close and cooling isn’t great due to it only being able to house a H80i (120mm Rad). Also a lot of air coolers do not fit due to it being a narrow case. 

I wondered if if anyone could recommend any full tower or big cases that also look quite nice. I’d like to stick with a well known name and it must be able to fit a big beefy rad to aid with cooling. My motherboard is a Z270H which is a “normal” sized motherboard.

Hopefully once I choose a new case I will then get a new AIO (probably H110i or something similar) and possibly a new psu. Then my intention is to overclock my cpu a bit to gain some extra performance. I just wanted to make sure the cooling was sufficient as right now unfortunately it gets pretty hot.

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

EDIT: I’ve just had a look at some at some other forums and seen the Lian Li 011? Does anyone have any experience with this case? Coming in at £130 it’s top of my budget but might be worth it?

Jacob

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

Are you reaching 90 deg. cel. for you cpu?
I'm asking, because if you're not hitting that temp. you don't need to upgrade at all.

Current Build

CPU: AMD Ryzen9 5900X

CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 Pro

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X470 Gaming-F

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 4x8GB

Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB STRIX Gaming OC

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Case Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.7 CFM  140mm Fan

Monitor: HP x34

LG 29UM69G      

Mouse: Razer Basilisk

Razer Naga Epic Chroma     

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2

Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth

Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH M50xBT Ltd Edition Purple

Speakers: Logitech Z200 2ch Speakers

9 hours ago, Srishunbagasundaran said:

Are you reaching 90 deg. cel. for you cpu?
I'm asking, because if you're not hitting that temp. you don't need to upgrade at all.

Not quite, but close so I want to upgrade.

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:37 PM, Jaminahat said:

The Lian Li PC-O11D is definitely worth it. It won Case of the Year 2018 from both Gamers Nexus and Dmitri (myself included, so I guess 2 and a half awards :D)

Note the $130 case comes with no fans, so you might want to look into fans that you want to put in your case besides any radiator fans you might use. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Sorry i took a while to reply.

I ended up buying the Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic and i just finished building in it this morning.

It was a dream to work with and a lovely case to look at! I can see why it has won awards!

Thanks to the both of you who helped me out :)