Headset is detected and picks up sound on pc but I hear nothing.

LonelyTwiddler

Ok, so today my I got my dad's old pc and brought my headset to my dad's place, while trying to run fortnite, I realized the computer didn't have a graphics card so I went out to buy a gt 710. (Before I installed the card the headset worked). 

The card was fully functionally and I could now play fortnite but now I couldn't hear anything and my mic wasn't picking up my voice. I restarted the computer 4 times, checked for obvious cable damage no luck there, uninstalled all realtek drivers to reinstall all, went into sounds and messed around(Can't exactly remember what I did, I believe I just made it so I could view my headset as an individual device). When I did that I had a video playing in the background and I saw that the headset was getting audio sent to it. So I am led to believe that the cord is damaged in some way can some people confirm that I need to buy a new headset? http://prntscr.com/m168m9

i had an issue like this a while ago while trying to get hyperx clouds to work with my pc, i ended up having to remove the realtek drivers and use a standard windows driver for the device to work.

my realtek drivers decided to not work so i did that and everything worked fine, now ive upgraded to cloud II's so usb for connection so no more audio driver worries.

Hopefully this may shed a bit of light for you, if not i will see if i can assist further.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

5 minutes ago, jaybob85 said:

i had an issue like this a while ago while trying to get hyperx clouds to work with my pc, i ended up having to remove the realtek drivers and use a standard windows driver for the device to work.

my realtek drivers decided to not work so i did that and everything worked fine, now ive upgraded to cloud II's so usb for connection so no more audio driver worries.

Hopefully this may shed a bit of light for you, if not i will see if i can assist further.

Are you saying to delete realtek and  use windows default audio drivers btw not sure about this. Stilll just learning overtime