Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DC Mode not adjusting 3-pin fans

Z Miller

I have the MSI b250 pc mate. I have several 3-pin fans plugged into sys fan1, 2, and pump fan, which are all 4-pin. In the bios I have them all set to DC mode, but changing the voltage does not seem to affect the fans at all. I think I would hear the fans speeding up and slowing down.

11 minutes ago, Z Miller said:

I have the MSI b250 pc mate. I have several 3-pin fans plugged into sys fan1, 2, and pump fan, which are all 4-pin. In the bios I have them all set to DC mode, but changing the voltage does not seem to affect the fans at all. I think I would hear the fans speeding up and slowing down.

Not particularly familiar with that board, but with some boards you have to reboot before BIOS speed changes take effect.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Download SpeedFan and try that in Windows. Also, check and make sure your fan curve in BIOS isn't set to "full speed" or anything like that.

Sincerely,

me

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Not particularly familiar with that board, but with some boards you have to reboot before BIOS speed changes take effect.

You're a god and I'm an idiot XD