Help with download speeds

Hello all, my first time on the forums. I have a home gaming rig with the below specifications that has been quite nice coming from consoles. I am having an issue though where I pay for 150Mb/s through xfinity, use their gigabit router, use a cat7 cable(26ft), have gigabit ethernet on my motherboard, but my download speeds for Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc top out at 22Mb/s. Which is up from 11.5Mb/s when I was using a cat5e cable. I like the improvement, but if I'm capable of gigabit ethernet, and I pay for 150Mb/s, shouldn't I be seeing down speeds of around 80-100 accounting for headroom? What am I missing in my setup? Is it a software issue?Thank you all in advance.

-Asus strix 370-f gaming motherboard

-Ryzen 5 1600x OC - 4Ghz stable

-16GB Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 ("OC" to 3000. Highest stable clock I've achieved.)

-EVGA GTX 1080 SC(+32 core, +254 mem, stable)

-960 EVO m.2 500GB (boot and half of my games here)

-860 EVO 500GB ssd x2 (not in raid, just separate drives. The rest of my games and stuff is here.)

-EVGA 850w Gold G3

Windows 10 home (technically unactivated)

Using the xfinity advanced Gateway router, which claims 1000Mb/s capability.

Because they display downloads in Megabytes (denoted by MBps) by default and 22*8 is ~176Mbps (Megabits/sec or Mbps) which is a bit over what you're paying for and about right for cable since it's not exactly a hard limit.

Edit:

This is assuming you left the programs at their default settings.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

You're fine. Those platforms measure download speeds in MB/s not Mbps.

42 minutes ago, Juggynaut said:

Hello all, my first time on the forums. I have a home gaming rig with the below specifications that has been quite nice coming from consoles. I am having an issue though where I pay for 150Mb/s through xfinity, use their gigabit router, use a cat7 cable(26ft), have gigabit ethernet on my motherboard, but my download speeds for Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc top out at 22Mb/s. Which is up from 11.5Mb/s when I was using a cat5e cable. I like the improvement, but if I'm capable of gigabit ethernet, and I pay for 150Mb/s, shouldn't I be seeing down speeds of around 80-100 accounting for headroom? What am I missing in my setup? Is it a software issue?Thank you all in advance.

-Asus strix 370-f gaming motherboard

-Ryzen 5 1600x OC - 4Ghz stable

-16GB Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 ("OC" to 3000. Highest stable clock I've achieved.)

-EVGA GTX 1080 SC(+32 core, +254 mem, stable)

-960 EVO m.2 500GB (boot and half of my games here)

-860 EVO 500GB ssd x2 (not in raid, just separate drives. The rest of my games and stuff is here.)

-EVGA 850w Gold G3

Windows 10 home (technically unactivated)

Using the xfinity advanced Gateway router, which claims 1000Mb/s capability.

There are 8 bits per byte. So 1000 Mega BITS per second is around 125 Mega BYTES. So at 150 Mbps your looking about about 18 is Megabytes per second in downloads. Keep in mind your seeing more because Xfinity over provisions service by 20% or so. Also, you have to consider that those services service more than just you. During a steam summer sale downloads can tank. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Ok that makes more sense. Thank you all for your input, I didnt even consider that i might be conflating the two.