Does using multi port sata cables slow down drives?

sanje
Go to solution Solved by Ben17,
18 minutes ago, sanje said:

2988BF69-FAD2-403F-89F6-B0C7EDB3DCFC.png

No using one of those cables won't impact performance BTW those are for power not data. I thought u were talking about the data cable that goes into the motherboard. If this solved your problem please mark this post as best answer.☺

I currently have a Crucial SSD in my PC and have just bought a Samsung EVO to install, they are both SATA III connection. My motherboard came with SATA cables that have multiple input ports so you only have to use 1 for both the drives, but will that slow them down because the data is only going through 1 cable instead of 2?

(I'm just adding the EVO for extra storage not replacing the crucial)

Motherboard is the MSI Z170A M5

7 minutes ago, sanje said:

I currently have a Crucial SSD in my PC and have just bought a Samsung EVO to install, they are both SATA III connection. My motherboard came with SATA cables that have multiple input ports so you only have to use 1 for both the drives, but will that slow them down because the data is only going through 1 cable instead of 2?

(I'm just adding the EVO for extra storage not replacing the crucial)

Motherboard is the MSI Z170A M5

Do u have a picture of the multiport SATA cable as I have never heard of them though it depends on whether the drives are able to use only half the speed of the connection

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

18 minutes ago, sanje said:

2988BF69-FAD2-403F-89F6-B0C7EDB3DCFC.png

No using one of those cables won't impact performance BTW those are for power not data. I thought u were talking about the data cable that goes into the motherboard. If this solved your problem please mark this post as best answer.☺