A first time build , requiring assistance

Adam Khoo

So I'm a first time builder , my old PC broke and I'm trying to build a new PC with a tight budget where the whole PC will need to cost around 470USD.

My current idea is that I get these specs for my new PC :

1. Intel I3 8100 8th Gen Processor + H310M S2 Motherboard bundle - 226.4 USD

2. Asus Nvidia GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5 OC - 60 USD

3. Cooler Master MWE500 80+ Bronze Certified PSU - 52.7 USD

4. Kingston HyperX Fury (2x4GB DDR4) Ram - 65 USD

5. Kingston SSD A400 Sata3 2.5" 240GB - 32 USD

6. WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD 7200rpm - 40 USD

Total 476.1 USD

(All these parts prices comes from a sale on a certain reputable website and my local retail store)

Questions :

1. Can I find any better specs than this for the same price?

(Websites to research : Shopee , Lazada , from a seller with good sellings and reviews)

2. Any recommendations for a pc case that doesn't cost more than 70 USD? (Same website as mentioned above)

3. Are these specs possible to play GTA V , CSGO , Subnautica , Astroneer , and such games with slightly moderate graphics at high FPS ?

4. A question related to No. 3 , can this PC run CSGO at more than 200FPS at all low settings? If you can , include a preferrable setting for the game to get such if it is indeed possible(Don't give me "60FPS is enough" statement) 

5. A little trust problem , but still desperate , can I trust the websites I mentioned and the brands and price are they all good or bad?

6. Can Acer VG240Y give a good experience for gaming ? Or are there any alternative for this monitor that are cheaper and better? ( 120USD-130USD)

Thank you very much for reading this far , if you would like to help please do reply below for any suggestions towards this build at the budget I mentioned.

Your CPU is fine but you could stand to use a better graphics card, like a 1050 ti. The 750 ti is best for super old systems. 

Do you have any parts from your old PC, like SSD or case, to reuse?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Your CPU is fine but you could stand to use a better graphics card, like a 1050 ti. The 750 ti is best for super old systems. 

Do you have any parts from your old PC, like SSD or case, to reuse?

I have none to reuse , I would like to play those games I mentioned at least at 40FPS , and CSGO at 200. As for the GTX1050 TI , is it necessary? I found a cheap GTX1050 TI but I don't know if I should pick 1050TI or 750TI 

https://s.lazada.com.my/s.j11w , this should be around 168.3 $

Just a thing - that monitor 'Acer VG240Y' only goes up to 75Hz - and yes you can probably overclock it but not to 200 Hz. So.. wouldn't like... 100 fps be enough for a consistent max refresh rate game of CSGO?

47 minutes ago, Adam Khoo said:

I have none to reuse , I would like to play those games I mentioned at least at 40FPS , and CSGO at 200. As for the GTX1050 TI , is it necessary? I found a cheap GTX1050 TI but I don't know if I should pick 1050TI or 750TI 

https://s.lazada.com.my/s.j11w , this should be around 168.3 $

The 750 ti will disappoint. That's a decent price for a new 1050 ti, but how's the used market? Can you get eBay stuff?

45 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

Just a thing - that monitor 'Acer VG240Y' only goes up to 75Hz - and yes you can probably overclock it but not to 200 Hz. So.. wouldn't like... 100 fps be enough for a consistent max refresh rate game of CSGO?

The higher refresh rate does actually impact input lag so it's not unrealistic to go for it despite it being too high for the monitor

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

The higher refresh rate does actually impact input lag so it's not unrealistic to go for it despite it being too high for the monitor

I suppose if you're playing at high-competitive level then sure, but that just seems like a terrible trade-off for the screen tearing coming when you try to flick someone

45 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

I felt very uncomfortable going to cyber playing at a hundred FPS on CSGO , in which I felt a bit odd , because before I used to play on 200 FPS which felt a lot more smoother than 100. I also watched some videos about input lag and etc which gave me the idea that more FPS more goodies.

45 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The 750 ti will disappoint. That's a decent price for a new 1050 ti, but how's the used market? Can you get eBay stuff?

I can't get eBay stuff actually cause I have low trust on used items / eBay in general. But just one thing to ask , if it's necessary , I'll take the 1050 TI on the list , if not I wouldn't go for it.

1 minute ago, Adam Khoo said:

I felt very uncomfortable going to cyber playing at a hundred FPS on CSGO , in which I felt a bit odd , because before I used to play on 200 FPS which felt a lot more smoother than 100. I also watched some videos about input lag and etc which gave me the idea that more FPS more goodies.

Hey if you want to run at 200 fps you do you buddy, I ain't here to tell you how to play it's just now how I'd usually go about competitive sport - but then again I play Six siege more competitively than CS GO so hey ho maybe I'm just different :)

Just now, vK 3 1 RON said:

Hey if you want to run at 200 fps you do you buddy, I ain't here to tell you how to play it's just now how I'd usually go about competitive sport - but then again I play Six siege more competitively than CS GO so hey ho maybe I'm just different :)

Cool. People have different preferences , so I understand

15 minutes ago, Adam Khoo said:

I can't get eBay stuff actually cause I have low trust on used items / eBay in general. But just one thing to ask , if it's necessary , I'll take the 1050 TI on the list , if not I wouldn't go for it.

Just filter for used graphics cards so you don't get scammed, then eBay has buyer protection no matter what so you'll be good to buy used despite your wariness

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233072405834

You want something like this. No stock photos, trusted AIB (EVGA), and reasonable price (as opposed to like $50)

Primary PC:

The PSU in this build is a little expensive relative to everything else. You can squeeze a little more performance out of your budget if you go for something with less wattage or from a brand like Insignia or something instead of a more 'prestigious' brand like Cooler Master. Just keep it 80+ certified and read reviews ;)