USB drive has no storage.

BoB_The_Cat

I received a USB drive for Christmas but whenever I plug it into my PC the drive says that there is no storage on the device. I read somewhere that changing the letter of the drive in windows disk manager should fix the problem so i changed from what was originally F to L but it hasn't helped. I have the same issue on my laptop which is running windows 7 and my PC which is running windows 10 Pro.

If anyone has any information that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

asfsadgasdfasdgasfhcsbv.PNG

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What does disk management look like?

MIght be a dead drive,

Disk drive looks like this.

image.png.d956e0905b1b46a2d6ed123be0795fbe.png

6 minutes ago, BoB_The_Cat said:

Disk drive looks like this.

image.png.d956e0905b1b46a2d6ed123be0795fbe.png

Yea im gonna guess bad drive then, id rma it then, or get it replaced by the seller.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea im gonna guess bad drive then, id rma it then, or get it replaced by the seller.

Okay thanks for letting me know.

unfortunately, I was afraid that. your pendrive is Damaged. Sorry.?

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Or fake. Sadly for "presents" we don't know where on earth it came from. I heard some in a store the other day asking for "the cheapest", for what I assume was a present. They could not spare the $/£3 for a more expensive model... well, they could, but they did not want to. XD

If NAND flash is not faulty, you can try to reflash the controller to bring it back to life.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

1 hour ago, hojnikb said:

If NAND flash is not faulty, you can try to reflash the controller to bring it back to life.

I still would keep a backup though of everything on the drive even if u get it working as it may fail again!!!

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?