Router plugged into power strip?

Robbe1612

So I want a powerline in my house because wifi never works properly, but where my router is, there is no free plug.

My question: Can I use a power strip to plug my router and powerline in or will that cause traffic on the wifi? 

It would theoretically work but I think there might be some interference and downgrade in quality if the power strip isn't good. Have you tried wireless Range extenders?? They are much better than Powerline in terms of speed and reliability. A mesh network might be even better.

Powerline's really more of a last resort unless you have a new house with quality wiring and you for some reason don't want to bother spending money on a decent wireless router.

6 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

It would theoretically work but I think there might be some interference and downgrade in quality if the power strip isn't good. Have you tried wireless Range extenders?? They are much better than Powerline in terms of speed and reliability. A mesh network might be even better.

Ill look them up, thank u.

1 minute ago, Robbe1612 said:

Ill look them up, thank u.

What model is your current router?? 

5 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

What model is your current router?? 

It's a b-box 3v+, made by Proximus ( if that's what you need)

Does your ISP support other routers because this doesn't seem to be a very good one. If they do then you can get a decent router for 30$ or so that might solve your problem depending on how big your house is.

4 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Does your ISP support other routers because this doesn't seem to be a very good one. If they do then you can get a decent router for 30$ or so that might solve your problem depending on how big your house is.

Well that's exactly the problem, the company does not have any better ones and we have the 'best' one. I think that I Will go for a range extender because it's seems my only option, thanks tho :)

Just FYI if you want to look at Powerline again, there are powerline adapters that have a plug on their face, so that you don’t “lose” an outlet. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: