Best RAM compatibilty for Ryzen 7 2700x???

What Ram is best for Ryzen 7 2700x? 

Questions:

1.What mhz? some say 3000 up is good 

2.What brand? I read some article that G.SKILL FLARE X is the best for this CPU 

Thanks and Happy gaming....

2 hours ago, KnightyNight said:

What Ram is best for Ryzen 7 2700x? 

Questions:

1.What mhz? some say 3000 up is good 

2.What brand? I read some article that G.SKILL FLARE X is the best for this CPU 

Thanks and Happy gaming....

My friend says that Ryzen builds like higher ram speeds, but 3000+ should be good depending on your MOBO. I am planning one with 3000Mhz, but if you have the money, it wouldn't hurt. (Build I'm Planning: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p6JT7W

3 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

My friend says that Ryzen builds like higher ram speeds, but 3000+ should be good depending on your MOBO. I am planning one with 3000Mhz, but if you have the money, it wouldn't hurt. (Build I'm Planning: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p6JT7W

I'll be using ASUS X470-I or ASUS X470 F- GAMING (still undecided between these two, ITX or ATX build..

my only concern for now is what ram specs should I use

Depends on the motherboard you get. Once you pick a mobo, check the website of the mobo manufacturer to see RAM compatibility. Generally Ryzen prefers faster RAM but don't pay too much for faster RAM. Just get 3000 MHz RAM and overclock it. What is your budget for the entire PC??? Higher frequency does improve performance but for cheaper builds you should put more money towards graphics card and cooling.

To get the best out of the ram you want to purchase, the first thing you should do is decide which mobo you're going to use.  Once you decide on the mobo, check the mobo's manufacturer website to look at the DRAM Quality Vendors List (QVL) for that particular motherboard.  Getting ram that is on the QVL is the only guaranteed sure fire way to ensure that you are getting ram that is 100 percent compatible with that particular motherboard.  If you get ram that is not on the QVL then there is no guarantee the ram will be 100 percent compatible with that board and as a result, there is no guarantee that you will get the best performance out of the new ram you just spent all your money for.

Better safe than sorry.  Check the QVL.

2 hours ago, KnightyNight said:

I'll be using ASUS X470-I or ASUS X470 F- GAMING (still undecided between these two, ITX or ATX build..

my only concern for now is what ram specs should I use

the x470-I is a smaller board, it has 2 less Ram slots and has a max ram capacity of 32GB. you also have less PCI-e slots. the x470-f has 4 ram slots with max of 64GB and more pci-e slots. it also has the IO Shield already on the MOBO

2 hours ago, kb5zue said:

To get the best out of the ram you want to purchase, the first thing you should do is decide which mobo you're going to use.  Once you decide on the mobo, check the mobo's manufacturer website to look at the DRAM Quality Vendors List (QVL) for that particular motherboard.  Getting ram that is on the QVL is the only guaranteed sure fire way to ensure that you are getting ram that is 100 percent compatible with that particular motherboard.  If you get ram that is not on the QVL then there is no guarantee the ram will be 100 percent compatible with that board and as a result, there is no guarantee that you will get the best performance out of the new ram you just spent all your money for.

Very true, I need to do that with mine lol.

2 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

the x470-I is a smaller board, it has 2 less Ram slots and has a max ram capacity of 32GB. you also have less PCI-e slots. the x470-f has 4 ram slots with max of 64GB and more pci-e slots. it also has the IO Shield already on the MOBO

X470-I   https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-I-GAMING/overview/   

X470-F  https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/overview/

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/AMD_X470.pdf?_ga=2.86959064.1762996668.1546076203-2067746500.1546076203 

I can't find RAM in QVL?

If you're antsy about buying RAM,

1) Decide your motherboard
2) Check the manufacturer's QVL

3) Buy decent quality RAM from a reputable manufacturer, preferably in a matched set for dual channel.

4) Put the RAM in the correct slots on your motherboard

5) Set the XMP/D.O.C.S./OC profile to match the advertised speed of the RAM.

6) If it fails, update BIOS, then try 5 again, otherwise proceed.

7) If it still fails, manually set timings.

If the RAM isn't on the QVL, it isn't a guarantee it won't work.  It's just that it hasn't been tested and there's the potential you may have annoyances getting it to work.

2 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

If you're antsy about buying RAM,

1) Decide your motherboard
2) Check the manufacturer's QVL

3) Buy decent quality RAM from a reputable manufacturer, preferably in a matched set for dual channel.

4) Put the RAM in the correct slots on your motherboard

5) Set the XMP/D.O.C.S./OC profile to match the advertised speed of the RAM.

6) If it fails, update BIOS, then try 5 again, otherwise proceed.

7) If it still fails, manually set timings.

If the RAM isn't on the QVL, it isn't a guarantee it won't work.  It's just that it hasn't been tested and there's the potential you may have annoyances getting it to work.

yea, there literally isn't any ram listed

3 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

yea, there literally isn't any ram listed

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/HelpDesk_QVL/

Really each board has a Memory QVL and an everything else QVL.  I think you're looking at the non-memory one.

Here's the ones the OP was talking about:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-I-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/

Make sure you're on Memory/Device Support when looking for those documents.

2 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/HelpDesk_QVL/

Really each board has a Memroy QVL and an everything else QVL.  I think you're looking at the non-memory one.

I believe thats what it was. if i was on my desktop and had a mouse, i would look farther than the first page.

I got a different MoBo (B450) but same CPU. I have 16GB 3200mhz vengeance LPX OC @3466mhz 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

7 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I got a different MoBo (B450) but same CPU. I have 16GB 3200mhz vengeance LPX OC @3466mhz 

I was looking at adata ram because it was cheap, and I’m not going to go with it. Can you forward me the ram you are looking at?

3 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

I was looking at adata ram because it was cheap, and I’m not going to go with it. Can you forward me the ram you are looking at?

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3200MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B0143UM4TC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546118983&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+vengeance+lpx+16gb+3200 This is the ram I have.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I was looking at that but it was the white version. 

So the CL 16 has a slower latency than the CL 15, etc that are lower?

Just now, FireEagle244 said:

I was looking at that but it was the white version. 

So the CL 16 has a slower latency than the CL 15, etc that are lower?

uhm, yes I do believe so. All i did was change ram frequency, didnt change anything else.Not a clue how much of a difference there is between 15-16

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

uhm, yes I do believe so. All i did was change ram frequency, didnt change anything else.Not a clue how much of a difference there is between 15-16

ok, thanks. I dont really know what ram I should go with.

4 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

ok, thanks. I dont really know what ram I should go with.

I can recommended the ram I have. Works flawless, its fast, Ryzen seems to love it! I took LPX instead of RGB due to size limitations within my case (AIO cooler)