Lighting service is hogging my CPU power

Anyone else having an issue with RGB control hogging CPU power?

Before you get on my case for having RGB, please read the post, and know that my PC is a beast with or without it. It just so happens that some of my components have RGB and I set it all to red.

My G. Skill Trident Z RGB lighting software is using up to 5% of my CPU load. “Lighting service” keeps moving between 3 and 5 percent.

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X for the sake of comparison: Photoshop is using about 1% and Google Chrome with 12 tabs open is using 0.7%

I was very surprised to see that my $35 mouse knows that software is not always necessary to control RGB and macro buttons. The software lets me set up everything and then flash it unto the mouse and then the software does not need to run and use any of my CPU power. How is it that my expensive RAM is so poorly designed?

I wish that was the same with my RAM for two reasons:

A. the software is not efficient whatsoever. All it does is control a couple of LED lights and it's using so much CPU power to do that. WHY???

B. when I boot the computer, the RAM is in ugly unicorn rainbow mode until Windows loads and only then it goes back to just static red as I want it.

I was going to purchase two additional sticks, but this holding me back. I can't disable the software because then it stays in ugly unicorn rainbow mode. I can't have it running because it uses too much CPU power. So I’m stuck with disabling it every time after boot.

How can I fix this?

The RAM I have is G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue with that software. I still keep closing it in tray after boot.

It even couses lower benchmark performance on cinabench 20 lol.. realy weit while it's using so much CPU. Badly programmed i guess?

And yes.. i hope in the future these manufacturers will include some kind of memory in the devices that keeps the settings you want without software needs to set it after every boot. This also counts for NZXT Cam software! What a load of %$!*