Graphics card usage at 100% but low FPS

Omeboy

My graphics card is a PNY GeForce GTX 970 4GB and was serving me well until just recently when I tried to go into lets say Dying Light or Fortnite. I was getting well below 20 FPS and my usage was at 100% I tried making sure my graphics card was detected by my device manager,uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and made sure it was overheating but to no avail it continued to preform the same. I have no idea what happened during the time between yesterday and today. A sidenote: When I turned on my pc in the morning my graphics card's fans started to spin very fast, I turned off the system and turned it back on and the fan seemed to be spinning normally. I hope anyone could provide some ideas on how to fix this as I have spent hours trying to find a solution.

3 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Maybe you have background processes using up the GPU?

0-1% at idle and it spikes up during any game of my choice with low FPS

check vram usage last 500mb is extremly SLOW and will tank your fps ifs its going OVER 3.5gb you need to reduce settings

check if you have mining malware.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

check vram usage last 500mb is extremly SLOW and will tank your fps ifs its going OVER 3.5gb you need to reduce settings

On fortnite all settings are on low and that gets me 45 FPS in game but prior to this I could go on all max settings and get a consistent 60 FPS (in picture is my GPU during a game of fortnite right now)

g.gif

your coreclock and memory clock are extremly low for ingame try using Display driver uninstaller (ddu) and reinstalling a fresh driver for the 970

Dang. 261 tdp. 

The clocks seem messed up or locked. What software are you using to control the card?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them with DDU and the graphics card is preforming the same. The clock speeds are really strange and multiple people have had them at the exact same clock numbers. I've tried their solutions and honestly I think I might just have to bite the GPU shaped bullet and say I need to buy a new one :(.

If people are having those same clock speeds, that means they also have issues. Those are idle clocks speeds. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz