Should I bother making OS run on my new SSD?

DrThots

My boot time is already like 15 seconds on my HDD already. What other benefits are there to running OS on my SSD that is worthwhile the hassle of moving it onto my SSD? I game most of the time.

Free up a lot of space on your HDD for games? And... ya'know be faster at doing regular things using windows 10 - moving tabs, opening tabs, searching through files that are native to the OS e.g. Program Files / P.F. x86 / Sys32 etc

Just now, vK 3 1 RON said:

Free up a lot of space on your HDD for games? And... ya'know be faster at doing regular things using windows 10 - moving tabs, opening tabs, searching through files that are native to the OS e.g. Program Files / P.F. x86 / Sys32 etc

so how exactly do you... run your os on your ssd if its on your hhd? plus how do you check if a hard drive disk has any data inside it

You need to move the actual OS over - I'm pretty sure there's a program that can help with it called 'Copyzilla'? Something like that, you can google it or watch a tutorial or read another website or wait for more people who know more about it :)

I would suggest moving the boot and windows files to the ssd to make most things faster, and I dont know how to move it over.

I’d suggest making a bootable USB with W10 on it. Clean install on the SSD - this is what was suggested to me yesterday ( I installed a NVMe drive )

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

I would suggest moving the boot and windows files to the ssd to make most things faster, and I dont know how to move it over.

Wouldnt I need a 1tb SSD then If I want to copy over files from my 1tb HDD to my SSD

6 hours ago, DrThots said:

Wouldnt I need a 1tb SSD then If I want to copy over files from my 1tb HDD to my SSD

I suggest looking it up on YouTube or something. Search something along the lines of “how to moves windows OS from HDD to SSD”