headphones wont work after putting in a new gpu.

averynewguytocomputertech
Go to solution Solved by averynewguytocomputertech,

okay, it seems its just that it still used the speakers even after plugging in the headphones. i went to settings and changed it to (speakers/headphones) and it started to use the headphones.

so after i putted in a new gpu, my computer doesn't seem to want to use my headphones. my computer does seem to know theirs headphones plugged in. because when i put my headphones in the headphone jack, it asks what i plugged in. so nothing seems to be off inside the pc.

Maybe a short circuit? Check there is not metal making a short in the vecinity of the audio connectors.

5 minutes ago, cesarbg said:

Maybe a short circuit? Check there is not metal making a short in the vecinity of the audio connectors.

i'm not sure its a short circuit, i'm pretty sure my computer would have died if that happened

Just now, IgorM said:

That's quite weird. Do they work without the gpu ?

well my earphones worked before putting in the gpu, i'm sure its the same for the headphones

Just now, averynewguytocomputertech said:

well my earphones worked before putting in the gpu, i'm sure its the same for the headphones

i mean if they work if you plug them into your pc if you disconnect your gpu

16 minutes ago, IgorM said:

i mean if they work if you plug them into your pc if you disconnect your gpu

you mean like, unplugging the HDMI cable off the GPU and into the motherboard. or do you mean disconnecting the GPU from the motherboard?

24 minutes ago, averynewguytocomputertech said:

i'm not sure its a short circuit, i'm pretty sure my computer would have died if that happened

Not necessarily. If you jump two non related pins or solder points, you could short out a circuit (hence the name) and burn a resistance or capacitor. 

okay, it seems its just that it still used the speakers even after plugging in the headphones. i went to settings and changed it to (speakers/headphones) and it started to use the headphones.