Replacement ML240 RGB Fan Suggestions

Hi all,

Bit of background. My new build is a Ryzen 2600X on an Asus x470 Prime Pro board in an NZXT S340 Elite, with a Coolermaster ML240L RGB AIO installed. Idle temps are fine in the 30's, but as soon as I ramp up the action, the fan noise (despite being on a really strict and low RPM curve) from the dual 120mm fans on the Rad are obnoxious. the spin up sounds hideous and anything over 30% on the fan curve and we're talking stupidly loud.

I'm after some recommendations for silent (or close to it) LED (white, or RGB, but white is fine) fan replacements for this Rad.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:02 AM, CeePeeBee said:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

The only LED fans I've tried are bitfenix spectre led 120mm pwms. They are moderately quiet, max speed on the ones I have is around 1700 rpm. Up until 850 rpm they are quite silent, and they have pretty good pressure. Also pretty cheap. I'd say they are bearable up to 1300rpm. 
If you have the cash and might compromise on the led, I recommend the noiseblocker eloops. These cost about 3 times as much as the spectres, but there's a reason. They are silent up to 1100rpm, while the spectres up to 850. So that's a lot more airflow and pressure at the same noise level. (fyi I tried both models as an exhaust, in the same case, and that's how I found these numbers for comparison)
I use 1 eloop to exhaust the air from 3 spectres in my build (2 of these are pushing through a 30mm radiator). I think under load they max out at 1300 each. The eloop is much quieter like that. 

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

Hi all,

I actually grabbed some ML120 Pros from Corsair. Fixed my speed/noise issues. I replaced the stock NZXT case fans with the Coolermaster ones on PWM (NZXT were DC) but they are still loud so threw more money at Amazon for 2 more ML120s for the case...should sort me out.