Logitech Z523 + Soundcard Problems

WolfireSounds

Whenever I connect my headphones directly to my Sound blaster Audigy RX, they sound absolutely astounding, but whenever I plug my Logitech Z523 into my Sound Blaster card and then plug my headphones into the headphone port on the Z523, it doesn't sound nearly as good. Yes, I know I can just directly plug my headphones into the sound card and call it a day, but I would rather have the ability to just reach over my desk and turn the volume up or down to my liking. Its especially useful when I am playing a game or using something that runs in full screen mode and then I don't have to minimize my game, click the windows volume adjuster, and then choose the volume.

Longer cable probably means higher resistance, the speakers also may have an amp or a repeater which would further reduce the sound quality

EDIT: you could also get an external soundcard/dac/amp if you have nice headphones it may be worth the investment 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

4 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

Longer cable probably means higher resistance, the speakers also may have an amp or a repeater which would further reduce the sound quality

EDIT: you could also get an external soundcard/dac/amp if you have nice headphones it may be worth the investment 

The speakers do have an amp inside them so that might be the case. But otherwise, I was thinking about getting a DAC and returning the Soundblaster. I have the Sennheiser Game Zero's. I was looking into getting a FiiO E10K