Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommendations for 2.1 stereo speakers.

Si1veRYT

Hi, im looking for speakers for my pc that have a decent amount of bass for roughly around £60-90 (little higher if it is worth it). I have looked at the creative t20 and t40's but I wanted some more bass, I have seen Klipsch promedia 2.1 but can't find anywhere to buy. I am kinda confused with the Audiogenie branding but they do look like a good option, not sure which are good though. If you have any recommendations it would be appreciated. Thanks

On 12/28/2018 at 3:08 PM, Si1veRYT said:

Hi, im looking for speakers for my pc that have a decent amount of bass for roughly around £60-90 (little higher if it is worth it). I have looked at the creative t20 and t40's but I wanted some more bass, I have seen Klipsch promedia 2.1 but can't find anywhere to buy. I am kinda confused with the Audiogenie branding but they do look like a good option, not sure which are good though. If you have any recommendations it would be appreciated. Thanks

Have a look at the logitech Z623, currently about 95 pounds on amazon :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Spent over 960k on audio gear, still trying to increase sound quality.

For a guide on Microphones and Interfaces, I strongly suggest scrolling through @The Flying Sloth's guide.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:08 PM, Si1veRYT said:

Hi, im looking for speakers for my pc that have a decent amount of bass for roughly around £60-90 (little higher if it is worth it). I have looked at the creative t20 and t40's but I wanted some more bass, I have seen Klipsch promedia 2.1 but can't find anywhere to buy. I am kinda confused with the Audiogenie branding but they do look like a good option, not sure which are good though. If you have any recommendations it would be appreciated. Thanks  Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla

hi my freind 

look 

biggest differences between the two types of systems relate to size and bass performance. A 2.0 system generally takes up less space overall--just two, generally small, spots on your desk. With a 2.1 system, the lower frequencies are handled by the subwoofer, which allows the satellites to be even smaller; that subwoofer/amplifier unit, however, often takes up a big chunk of space under your desk.

good luck for finding them

I actually collect computer speakers so I own the Logitech Z-2300, the Altec Lansing ACS54, the Edifier S730, the Klipsch Promedia, the Logitech 623, the Corsair SP 2500 and the M-Audio AV32.1 so I basically own the biggest, baddest 2.1 systems around as i'm also something of a basshead.

The posters here are right, the Logitech Z623 offers the deepest bass around, the only others that can compete for bass are not surprisingly, it's predecessor the Logitech Z-2300, the Klipsch Promedia and the Corsair SP2500 but the Z623's offer the most bass for the least money.

Let us know which you choose

While the bass is not as impressive for many (although it was great for me and the music--mostly classical--I listen to), the Corsair SP2500 was the overall best speaker system I ever owned. On of the umpteen profiles it had was called Dynamic Pop which had some Dynamic Range Compression which meant the speakers, when the volume was set to allow low volume passages be heard yet not have the speakers blow me out of the room during high volume passages. Sadly, when my beloved SP2500 died last summer, the SP2500 had been discontinued. Corsair messed up big time by marketing it as gaming speakers (2.1 for gaming? Seriously?), overpricing it because it was labeled Gaming (fortunately, it went on sale frequently), and had problems with the sub amps when it first came out (they did fix the problem with later units). The final blow was from audiophiles excuse me, audiosnobs who put the system down becasue it didn't follow their rules for what would sound good. I got into I don't know how many online arguments with audiosnobs who argued the speakers were no good even though they had never even heard them. ?

I initially replaced them with a pair of JBL LSR305p 5" MkII studio monitors. These are self amplified and I was hoping the bass response would be adequate. Sadly, it was a bit lacking at the  very bottom. They also make 6" and 8" versions. The 8"ers would have been able to meet my needs, and I seriously considered them, but, because of where I had to mount them, weight and physical size were a serious problem.

I finally caved recently and bought the LSR 310s subwoofer, which took care of the weak bottom end. The sub was too large to share space under my desk with my knees and feet so it is setting on the floor on the left end of my desk where my printer used to reside. I just finished making a stand for the printer to go over the sub so I can get my printer back in operation (I finshed painting the stand yesterday and I'm waiting on the paint to dry some more before putting it to work).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

While the bass is not as impressive for many (although it was great for me and the music--mostly classical--I listen to), the Corsair SP2500 was the overall best speaker system I ever owned. On of the umpteen profiles it had was called Dynamic Pop which had some Dynamic Range Compression which meant the speakers, when the volume was set to allow low volume passages be heard yet not have the speakers blow me out of the room during high volume passages.

Sadly, when my beloved SP2500 died last summer, the SP2500 had been discontinued. Corsair messed up big time by marketing it as gaming speakers (2.1 for gaming? Seriously?), overpricing it because it was labeled Gaming (fortunately, it went on sale frequently), and had problems with the sub amps when it first came out (they did fix the problem with later units). The final blow was from audiophiles excuse me, audiosnobs who put the system down becasue it didn't follow their rules for what would sound good. I got into I don't know how many online arguments with audiosnobs who argued the speakers were no good even though they had never even heard them. ?

I initially replaced them with a pair of JBL LSR305p 5" MkII studio monitors. These are self amplified and I was hoping the bass response would be adequate. Sadly, it was a bit lacking at the  very bottom. They also make 6" and 8" versions. The 8"ers would have been able to meet my needs, and I seriously considered them, but, because of where I had to mount them, weight and physical size were a serious problem.

I finally caved recently and bought the LSR 310s subwoofer, which took care of the weak bottom end. The sub was too large to share space under my desk with my knees and feet so it is setting on the floor on the left end of my desk where my printer used to reside. I just finished making a stand for the printer to go over the sub so I can get my printer back in operation (I finshed painting the stand yesterday and I'm waiting on the paint to dry some more before putting it to work).

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Jeannie, thanks for the info about the Corsair system, I just got it yesterday to add to my 2.1 speaker collection and yeah the controller is pretty nifty, like you said it has about 90 modes and sound settings which I am learning but it didn't take me long to figure out the dynamic pop setting as the best sounding. You must be happy that the EQ has a setting for "classical", I just wish they had a setting for my music, rock. I've met a few audiosnobs over the years too, the kind of people that think that if you don't own a $10,000 sound system like them, you must be partly deaf although most people i've met into audio have been cool. I've heard really good things about the JBL LSR305 speakers as well which should make the audiosnobs you were arguing with shut up. What was wrong with Corsair marketing a 2.1 system for gaming?

Corsair says it's frequency response is 35hz-20khz which is pretty wide, especially for computer/gaming speakers and I believe it for two reasons. For one, Corsair provided endless specs and information about the system so clearly they were trying to market it as the audiophile's choice among computer speakers so they probably wouldn't lie about the frequency response even though they didn't provide a +/- number for the frequency response and secondly, i've listened to it and the bass is as deep as any other 2.1 system I own which is saying something because the Klipsch and Logitech systems both claim to go down to about 35hz. I'll bet that if you blindfolded people they would mistake any of the three for a home stereo system. As well, I'm sure the Corsair system is louder than the Klipsch and maybe even the Logitech and the Logitech Z623 has made two houses i've lived in, actually rattle. I'm pretty sure the Corsair could do that as well.

5 hours ago, carewser said:

...What was wrong with Corsair marketing a 2.1 system for gaming?...

2.1 systems are less than ideal for gaming since you can hear sounds only from in front of you. All other things being equal, 5.1 systems are better for gaming since you can hear sounds from all around you. While the SP2500 was excellent for music, it was actually meh for gaming (from what I've read; my idea of hard core gaming is MS Pinball). Corsair, and many other manufacurers, such as Logitech, had a bad habit of marking ordinary components as being for gaming just so they could tack a higher price tag on them. 

One thing that was needed to make the SP2500 shine was a good DAC or sound card. Onboard sound would hold back the capabilities of the SP2500. Also, it was normal to really crank the sub volume before you could even hear it. Once you cranked it, though, the sub would really take off and could get loud enough to rattle windows, walls, teeth, the neighbors, etc. I remember one clown online that kept complaining that the sub was too wimpy and I wish I had a dollar for every time I told him to crank it before he finally did and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

One thing the audiosnobs couldn't accept was the size of the woofer in the satellites. Corsair made up for their smaller size by raising the crossover point so the 8" sub could take over reproducing the normal lower end of a satellite. I had more than one audiosnob essentially call me a liar when I said that disabling the sub would make the cello in a string quartet sound like he had got up and left no matter how many times I pointed out the higher crossover frequency.

A lack of dynamic range compression like the SP2500 had is my only real complaint of my LSR 2.1 system but I don't really hold it against JBL since no one else's system with the quality of the LSRs has it either. I'm still working on coming up with a solution for that. 

Jeannie

On 1/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

2.1 systems are less than ideal for gaming since you can hear sounds only from in front of you. All other things being equal, 5.1 systems are better for gaming since you can hear sounds from all around you. While the SP2500 was excellent for music, it was actually meh for gaming (from what I've read; my idea of hard core gaming is MS Pinball). Corsair, and many other manufacurers, such as Logitech, had a bad habit of marking ordinary components as being for gaming just so they could tack a higher price tag on them. 

One thing that was needed to make the SP2500 shine was a good DAC or sound card. Onboard sound would hold back the capabilities of the SP2500. Also, it was normal to really crank the sub volume before you could even hear it. Once you cranked it, though, the sub would really take off and could get loud enough to rattle windows, walls, teeth, the neighbors, etc. I remember one clown online that kept complaining that the sub was too wimpy and I wish I had a dollar for every time I told him to crank it before he finally did and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

One thing the audiosnobs couldn't accept was the size of the woofer in the satellites. Corsair made up for their smaller size by raising the crossover point so the 8" sub could take over reproducing the normal lower end of a satellite. I had more than one audiosnob essentially call me a liar when I said that disabling the sub would make the cello in a string quartet sound like he had got up and left no matter how many times I pointed out the higher crossover frequency.

A lack of dynamic range compression like the SP2500 had is my only real complaint of my LSR 2.1 system but I don't really hold it against JBL since no one else's system with the quality of the LSRs has it either. I'm still working on coming up with a solution for that. 

hate gaming on my surround sound system.. (12.2.2) it just sounds odd. but setting my system to 3.1 sounds pretty good.. just something about surround sound with gaming seems really odd to me..

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

For a guide on Microphones and Interfaces, I strongly suggest scrolling through @The Flying Sloth's guide.

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

hate gaming on my surround sound system.. (12.2.2) it just sounds odd. but setting my system to 3.1 sounds pretty good.. just something about surround sound with gaming seems really odd to me..

It all boils down to individual preferences. Most gamers would prefer at least 5.1 for reasons I already stated. I'm not a gamer, though, and use my speakers mostly for music so 2.1 is ideal for me.

Jeannie

On 1/4/2019 at 7:25 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

It all boils down to individual preferences. Most gamers would prefer at least 5.1 for reasons I already stated. I'm not a gamer, though, and use my speakers mostly for music so 2.1 is ideal for me.

Music like caravan palace and FKJ and Darius sounds awesome on surround sound. some pop music sounds terrible on it though :I