Is the Gigabyte windforce 2080 bad?

Hello, I’ve been looking at rtx 2080’s and I’ve found one from Gigabyte for 730€ compared to the nearly 900 the other cards cost.

It’s a Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080. 

Now I know that Windforce isn’t the best, but is it really that bad that it’s not worth to buy it at that price point or is it fine?

Thanks in advance.

maybe because of the 1710MHz, for an extra $70 you can get the EVGA XC Gaming with 1800MHz (at least in the US)

i7-9700k | AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming | Samsung 860 EVO | Corsair SF750 | Ncase M1

4 minutes ago, jtomasrl said:

maybe because of the 1710MHz, for an extra $70 you can get the EVGA XC Gaming with 1800MHz (at least in the US)

Where I live the xc from evga is nearly 1k

You can always overclock the card, the Windforce cards are pretty cheaply built, I got my Windforce 1080, and i have no issues with thermals but it is loud, and kinda ugly, no LED's if you are into that.

Overall its probably fine, i would wait right now with the rumours about the 11xx series, because with the current state of Ray-tracing it's basically completely worthless. 

If they released a 1180 with the same in-game performance as a 2080 but $200 cheaper i would be all over that.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

3 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

You can always overclock the card, the Windforce cards are pretty cheaply built, I got my Windforce 1080, and i have no issues with thermals but it is loud, and kinda ugly, no LED's if you are into that.

Overall its probably fine, i would wait right now with the rumours about the 11xx series, because with the current state of Ray-tracing it's basically completely worthless. 

If they released a 1180 with the same in-game performance as a 2080 but $200 cheaper i would be all over that.

that would be awesome, but it doesnt seems that nvidia has an 1170 or 1180 in their plans

i7-9700k | AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming | Samsung 860 EVO | Corsair SF750 | Ncase M1

26 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I just looked into those rumors, apparently it will only be mid range cards. 

5 minutes ago, Sem223 said:

I just looked into those rumors, apparently it will only be mid range cards. 

dang, guess i'll be waiting till the RTX cards drop in price lol

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 minute ago, Emanbaird said:

dang, guess i'll be waiting till the RTX cards drop in price lol

I’m done waiting, that’s why I’m buying right now. 

The Windforce card is the cheapest one I’ve encountered, any opinion on it?

I have Windforce 980Ti, 2070, RX580. The nvidia ones are 3 fan and ok, but the RX580 as a two fan card isn't so great. The 580's run on the hot side anyway and kinda wish the cooling was a bit better for that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible