Big Teacher - Chinese schools enforces "smart uniforms" to help curtail truancy

rcmaehl

I think the real Skynet will happen in china, i have no doubt, im 110% sure china will bring the destruction of civilization, just wait for them to get real AI or anything close to it , they will try to take over the world and then the "real" communism of theirs will make its appearence in the form of billions of people dead and WW3, i cant see anything that automates the control of he individual and AI in any other way other than eventual WW3 and destruction of civilization, people are not robots to be controlled like this, in fact its detrimental to humanity/civilization to not be able to go against/speak against something you think its wrong, its how we evolve as civilization by talking out the shit that happens in the world and how to fix it, if you repress it you get a dystopia and eventually it will collapse unless you implement gulags and efficiently getting rid of people who disagree at the same time, congrats to Xi  being a real communist and a nazi at the same time, just when you think it cant get any worse.

Im glad shit like Huawei/ZTE gets banned, im glad trump resists Chinese takeover i hope more countries follow and reject Chinese/Arab globalization and takeover of  everything in our stupid open economic societies that favors investors/takeover of those with money instead of nationalism.

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

I mean, none of this is strictly dumb.......

Though i can see why people would dislike this. 

Also, most of this could just have been done with an RFID chip in a card

Just go to class and you should be fine i guess. 

3 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Source:

All i can say is my parents would've loved this implemented when i was a kid lol

I'll just give the perspective of some Chinese parents, and my perspective (have lived in China) ;

There are issues with child kidnapping in China, it's a very real problem and being that up until a few years ago, you could only have one child, it's understandable why parents would be overprotective. And of course, since it's China, the government is downplaying this issue as much as it can.

The Chinese government estimates that around 10 000 kids per year are kidnapped (can't find the source right now, but I remember is was low compared to other estimates), while other estimates are at 70 000, or even as high as 200 000.

So I understand that it might seem crazy and overzealous to us, but I can guaranty you that in some province where it's more of a problem, this is seen as a great thing!

If you guys want to know more about this "plague" ;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/the-painful-search-for-chinas-missing-children-slowly-gains-momentum/2017/08/13/a0ce1ed8-51b4-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c05971fc141a

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-10-03/sale-chinese-babies-and-children

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/chinas-stolen-children-why-babies-are-booming-business/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/12/missing-kidnapped-trafficked-china-children

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2167203/if-beijing-storm-china-over-child-abduction-bid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnN_Bqu14s&vl=en

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

All i can say is my parents would've loved this implemented when i was a kid lol

I mean, i see this being a thing very soon. Maybe not in school uniforms (mostly because a lot of countries dont have uniforms), but RFID tags and tracking on phones, etc. 

People can easily check if people have arrived at schools and sofourth. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

I mean, i see this being a thing very soon. Maybe not in school uniforms (mostly because a lot of countries dont have uniforms), but RFID tags and tracking on phones, etc. 

People can easily check if people have arrived at schools and sofourth. 

The real question is will any form of this be implemented in democratic countries. I can see some of the benefits but also some of the ways it could be abused. 

WARNING, Student 539 has fallen asleep. Applying controlled shock. 

WARNING, Student 146, you have left the footpath, please return immediately to the student group travel line or you will be reprimanded. 

Correction, student 032 did not forget to bring their homework, they didn't complete it as directed. 

WARNING, Student 488's pants get tight in the crotch area while viewing Student 274, immediate separation required. 

Are the better students going to be given different uniforms with other enhancements to them? Are we entering a real life Kill la Kill? 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

"War is Peace".

"Freedom is Slavery".

"Ignorance is Strength".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

WARNING, Student 488's pants get tight in the crotch area while viewing Student 274, immediate separation required. 

Are the better students going to be given different uniforms with other enhancements to them? Are we entering a real life Kill la Kill? 

Common problem, you just tuck it up under your belt and shirt and problem solved. 

10 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Open what 

/s

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

6 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

-snip-

Interesting, but even if this is the reason why China is doing this, it's still flawed.

Would a GPS-enabled school uniform reduce the number of kids getting kidnapped? I doubt it.

Are the children getting kidnapped in their school uniforms? I also doubt it.

Would school uniforms with GPS tracking help catch more kidnappers? Probably not.

All this is going to do is give the Chinese government access to even more information that they shouldn't have access to.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

9 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I'll just give the perspective of some Chinese parents, and my perspective (have lived in China) ;

There are issues with child kidnapping in China, it's a very real problem and being that up until a few years ago, you could only have one child, it's understandable why parents would be overprotective. And of course, since it's China, the government is downplaying this issue as much as it can.

The Chinese government estimates that around 10 000 kids per year are kidnapped (can't find the source right now, but I remember is was low compared to other estimates), while other estimates are at 70 000, or even as high as 200 000.

So I understand that it might seem crazy and overzealous to us, but I can guaranty you that in some province where it's more of a problem, this is seen as a great thing!

If you guys want to know more about this "plague" ;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/the-painful-search-for-chinas-missing-children-slowly-gains-momentum/2017/08/13/a0ce1ed8-51b4-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c05971fc141a

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-10-03/sale-chinese-babies-and-children

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/chinas-stolen-children-why-babies-are-booming-business/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/12/missing-kidnapped-trafficked-china-children

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2167203/if-beijing-storm-china-over-child-abduction-bid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnN_Bqu14s&vl=en

Even so, the solution feels overly heavy-handed relative to the problem. 

13 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

11 Schools in Guizhou, China have introduced uniforms featuring GPS logging and awareness monitoring. The uniforms "focus on safety issues".

Places their own children under constant surveillance, gets mad when other countries are worried about being surveilled.

Is the world just one big meme or something?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

*snip*

57 minutes ago, abazigal said:

*snip*

I wasn't trying to defend this or saying it was a good idea, sorry if it looked that way. I was merely trying to provide a different POV. And while I also don't agree with what they're doing, I understand where they're coming from.

Also, yeah, there are cases where the kids were taken right when they were leaving school ... Though it's obviously a minority.

Edited by wkdpaul

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Also, yeah, there are cases where the kids were taken right when they were leaving school ... Though it's obviously a minority.

Any idea how many schools are in Guizhou? Is 11 a lot or actually not that many?

Thing is, with the right hardware you can fake GPS signals, so can "send your uniform" to school and back whilst it's still in the wardrobe...

19 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It seems that the population is open to all this.

The population is "open" because they haven't seen any other alternatives

How would anyone know to distinguish from right or wrong if they're only lived in wrong?

Yep, treating kids like crap is a new concept:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Open what 

/s

EscapeFromChina.php

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

EscapeFromChina.php

catch (Exception $e) {
    echo "Citizens not found";
} finally {
    BorderLockdown.php
}

8 hours ago, leadeater said:

Any idea how many schools are in Guizhou? Is 11 a lot or actually not that many?

Not sure how many schools there are in that province, but it's probably not that many since the population is around 30 million if I remember correctly.

37 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Not sure how many schools there are in that province, but it's probably not that many since the population is around 30 million if I remember correctly.

Not that many ?

image.png.fb77472f2b24a0f2a4d7fd63e9b07d66.png