which version of GTX 1050 TI should i buy

whiteknights

I'm from Egypt and I'm currently on a very tight budget.. i have infront of me 3 options and i have to choose the better option for the price and quality..

1- Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GB >> 3700 Egyptian pound.. one Fan.

2-
Zotac Gefroce GTX 1050 TI OC Edition 4GB >> 3800 Egyptian pounds.. Two fans.

3- Palit Geforce GTX 1050 TI Dual OC 4 GB >> 3600 Egyptian pounds.. Two fans. seems to me this is the better option but i've never heard of Palit before, is it a reliable brand?.

what do you guys think?..

my old GPU is sapphire HD 7870 XT so I'm not sure if the 1050TI will consider to be a good upgrade. but i can't afford more than that.. or should i wait months for the new gen?.. keeping in mind i'll be waiting without a gpu cause my 7870 XT is dead after 7 years, RIP.. also the 100 Egyptian pounds will make a difference with me. 

I'd stay away from Gigabyte, if for no other reason than their service department is an absolute joke. Between the remaining two, I'd check the warranties and go with whoever's is longer. If they're the same length, I'd go with the cheaper of the two.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hahaha! I am voting for Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI OC Edition 4GB. Well, I am using the same GPU and its fine running for 3 months. and one more thing is that they have a copper pipe that can be cool down the temperature.

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

I'd take a look into AMD's side to see if there's a 570 in your price point, however, if that's not an option I'd go for the Zotac as like aisle said Gigabyte isn't known for outstanding customer support and from doing a quick look myself - Palit only has 2 cards listed on PcPartPicker and neither are 'Dual OC' so I'm going to go with a safer option for me to recommend and say Zotac, but at the end of the day it's your choice. :)

If you're on a very tight budget, Gigabyte's cards aren't terrible. But getting through to customer support will be a pain. Palit is a very roll-in-the-dark for me. and Zotac offers probably one of the better cards but it is 200 Egyptian pounds more than Palit. 

Palit, its the cheapest one. Its a 75W card anyway so the cooler isnt especially important as long as its there, even the MSI LP 1050TI i have works great and that has a tiny heatsink

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

thank you guys for responding.. i guess according to most of answers i may go with ZOTAC.. but do you think a 1050ti consider to be a good upgrade for me? moving from sapphire HD 7870XT.. i was planing on upgrading to a GPU like GTX 780 few years ago, and i've heard that the 1050TI is close to it in performance.. is that true?

17 minutes ago, whiteknights said:

thank you guys for responding.. i guess according to most of answers i may go with ZOTAC.. but do you think a 1050ti consider to be a good upgrade for me? moving from sapphire HD 7870XT.. i was planing on upgrading to a GPU like GTX 780 few years ago, and i've heard that the 1050TI is close to it in performance.. is that true?

No, not really. 780 will crush it. 

On 12/28/2018 at 7:49 AM, whiteknights said:

I'm from Egypt and I'm currently on a very tight budget.. i have infront of me 3 options and i have to choose the better option for the price and quality..

1- Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GB >> 3700 Egyptian pound.. one Fan.

2-
Zotac Gefroce GTX 1050 TI OC Edition 4GB >> 3800 Egyptian pounds.. Two fans.

3- Palit Geforce GTX 1050 TI Dual OC 4 GB >> 3600 Egyptian pounds.. Two fans. seems to me this is the better option but i've never heard of Palit before, is it a reliable brand?.

what do you guys think?..

my old GPU is sapphire HD 7870 XT so I'm not sure if the 1050TI will consider to be a good upgrade. but i can't afford more than that.. or should i wait months for the new gen?.. keeping in mind i'll be waiting without a gpu cause my 7870 XT is dead after 7 years, RIP.. also the 100 Egyptian pounds will make a difference with me. 

Check the 1060 3gb prices in your area. They are normally just a tiny bit more for a huge performance increase.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

Check the 1060 3gb prices in your area. They are normally just a tiny bit more for a huge performance increase.

no, 1060 3gb is around 5000 pounds.. 1500 pounds more.

12 hours ago, whiteknights said:

12 hours ago, filippalfi said:

No, not really. 780 will crush it. 

Not all GTX 780 Will crush on GTX 1050 TI. Its 5% are Performace are better than GTX 1050ti.But Power consumption is good for gtx 1050 ti . 

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

if the GTX 780 is much better than the 1050ti thats not very bad.. before i bought my sapphire HD 7870 XT my eyes was on the GTX 770 it was my wish back then, but i couldn't afford it.. will the 1050ti at least be better than 770?

and i feel this site isn't really reliable on comparing games.

46 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

If you're going for the extra money, surely it'd be better to just go for a 1060 6gb? https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-780-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2164vs3639

It would be better, i posted the link to show that 780 is much faster than 1050 Ti, not just 5%

If he wants/can afford a card in 1060 range, i would rather recommend the RX580

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.. i have money now, And I'm going to buy GTX 1060..

which one should i go with?..

MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GT OCV2 3GB >> price: 5,100 EP

ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1060 3GB AMP! Edition (ZT-P10610E-10M) >> price: 5,200 EP

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB DDR5 (GV-N1060Wf20C-3GB) >> price: 5,300 EP

why the Gigabyte have the highest price? it seems to me that its the best choice, but some people advised me against it.