Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any way to add tilt to a keyboard?

Wufflez

Hi, I'm looking at a new keyboard coming out soon (Coolermaster SK 650). They don't seem to have flip out tilt adjustment. They are already a little tilted, but I'm someone who likes a lot of tilt. Does anyone know of a non-janky way to add tilt to an existing keyboard? Not the trays either, they're disgusting. 

stacking stuff under the rear of it? one of my friends glued some wooden scraps under his but you said non jank so thats probably not the answer you are looking for :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

stacking stuff under the rear of it? one of my friends glued some wooden scraps under his but you said non jank so thats probably not the answer you are looking for :P 

Haha definitely janky. I don't know how your friend would deal with a keyboard sliding around everyone with no rubber underneath.

3 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Haha definitely janky. I don't know how your friend would deal with a keyboard sliding around everyone with no rubber underneath.

his keyboard is one of these:

Bildresultat för hp keyboard

without the bottom plate, and the numpad pretty much dosnt work either. im not sure how he survives tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

his keyboard is one of these:

Bildresultat för hp keyboard

without the bottom plate, and the numpad pretty much dosnt work either. im not sure how he survives tbh

Ohh yucckk. I use one of these at work sometimes, and it feels like typing on mash potatoes. It's trash. Blessings for your friend, he needs it.

44 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Hi, I'm looking at a new keyboard coming out soon (Coolermaster SK 650). They don't seem to have flip out tilt adjustment. They are already a little tilted, but I'm someone who likes a lot of tilt. Does anyone know of a non-janky way to add tilt to an existing keyboard? Not the trays either, they're disgusting. 

Get this  type of thing  https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Computer-First-Rate-Acrylics-Universal/dp/B071YN6PY2  https://www.amazon.com/Source-Premium-Keyboard-Ergonomic-Acrylic/dp/B01KBIYOIE

81lB+qNSfPL._SL1500_.jpg It's clear, maybe it won't be ugly for you.

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Hmm, that's not too bad. It does add A LOT extra tilt though, probably too much. I might give it a try any way though. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Hmm, that's not too bad. It does add A LOT extra tilt though, probably too much. I might give it a try any way though. Thanks for the suggestion!

There might be some lower tilt option, just look for an acrylic one, good luck finding the right one for you.

Use that Thick double tape and idk carboard? or something harder.. cut it and stick it to the tape and to your keyboard. Be creative

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Use that Thick double tape and idk carboard? or something harder.. cut it and stick it to the tape and to your keyboard. Be creative

That sounds as yanky as it gets though.

4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That gave me an idea. I decided to look for furniture feet, some are made of rubber. I could stick them under the keyboard, and hopefully if the adhesive sticks well enough it would give plenty of extra tilt
81anJAA0uIL._SL1500_.jpg

22 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

That gave me an idea. I decided to look for furniture feet, some are made of rubber. I could stick them under the keyboard, and hopefully if the adhesive sticks well enough it would give plenty of extra tilt

That should do it

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore