Toshiba SSD compatibility

So i have had a Toshiba Rd400 M.2 SSD for a while now which has been amazing. I just got an Optane M.2 and tried installing it. when I changed the storage setting in my bios from AHCI to intel rapid storage suddenly my computer couldn't detect my Toshiba drive in my M.2 PCIe slot. At first, I thought it had to do with how my boot was installed on the drive but I later discovered that on the Toshiba drives box it says it isn't compatible with intel rapid storage. Has anyone else had experience with this? Is there some way around it or will the Toshiba drive just never work with an optane module

As far as I know, to have a bootable boot drive you can't use Optane Memory (16-32GB sizes), but you have to use Optane Storage (Optane 800P 58GB/118GB and Optane 900P 280/480GB). I'm betting you used Optane Memory as Optane 800P is pretty unheard of and 900P is stupid expensive

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

even if you're not trying to attach the optane to the Boot drive? I was attempting to attach it to my HDD that I store games and media on. But my system just didn't want to work with the optane software on since my m.2 drive wasn't showing up anymore. I was under the impression you could now attach optane to any drive and not just the boot drive