Changed radiator placement in case. Higher GPU temps

akb8812

So I decided to change the placement of my Kraken x62 radiator to front intake in a push pull config as oppsed to the top exhaust I had it in. I had noticed that in some games, BF1 in particular, the CPU temps were rising into high 60s and into 70s since the GPU (also similar temps in BF1, lower in other games) was blowing warm air and the radiator took all of that in.

However, with the change I made the CPU is now at lower temps, but not so much lower idle temps, but the GPU is always in low 70s unless I really crank the intake fans on the rad but then it's like a jet engine and I don't want that.

I'm inclined to change it back to the previous configuration where I had the front intake fans blowing fresh air directly onto the GPU with no obstructions.

I don't have any top exhaust right now (just rear 120) but I'm not convinced that would help anyway, maybe I could have top intake?

The case I'm using is Enthoo Pro M TG

Top intake might force some fresh air to come in via some cracks, and feed he GPU. It's worth trying to see if it works, since all your intake is forced to heat up via the CPU radiator.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, akb8812 said:

So I decided to change the placement of my Kraken x62 radiator to front intake in a push pull config as oppsed to the top exhaust I had it in. I had noticed that in some games, BF1 in particular, the CPU temps were rising into high 60s and into 70s since the GPU (also similar temps in BF1, lower in other games) was blowing warm air and the radiator took all of that in.

However, with the change I made the CPU is now at lower temps, but not so much lower idle temps, but the GPU is always in low 70s unless I really crank the intake fans on the rad but then it's like a jet engine and I don't want that.

I'm inclined to change it back to the previous configuration where I had the front intake fans blowing fresh air directly onto the GPU with no obstructions.

I don't have any top exhaust right now (just rear 120) but I'm not convinced that would help anyway, maybe I could have top intake?

The case I'm using is Enthoo Pro M TG

What did you have in the front before the change? Edit I see now...

i have Front intake and radiator top intake no issues 

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Top intake might force some fresh air to come in via some cracks, and feed he GPU. It's worth trying to see if it works, since all your intake is forced to heat up via the CPU radiator.

Alright something I'll try out. I still have the 140s that came with the cooler

Just now, Fyfey96 said:

What did you have in the front before the change?

Two Corsair ML140 Pros and two identical on the radiator exhausting. They are now all on the rad in push pull at the front

CPU cooler always goes straight up. If not then it's about looks not preformance. That's why all water based cases have 2 size radiator spot on top. The back single fan is for a graphics card cooler. Air needs to move from front to back. If the front doesn't work the sides will push the air out the front and back. 

52 minutes ago, killerbee04x said:

CPU cooler always goes straight up

It's more recommended to have your CPU cooler in the front, as an intake.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!