Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

27" 1080p 144hz 1ms Monitor should i get?

LukeStubbs

Monitor - https://www.ple.com.au/Products/631127/Acer-KG271UA-27-WQHD-FreeSync-144Hz-1MS-LED-Gaming-Monitor

Hey all, just looking into an upgrade from my lg 25" ultrawide for gaming only pretty much, and found this monitor as i am on a bit of a budget, people say that 27" 1080p isnt worth it but alot other say it is good for gaming and they dont notice any low quality image. I will be moving the monitor further away from me than usual.

Would like to hear your opinions and any help,

Thanks

imo It doesn't really matter above 1080p.Why risk lower frames for better graphics even if you have amazing hardware. I have a 2700x and a MSI 2080 Gaming X Trio and I still run games at 1080p and on medium settings. 4k and all those resolutions are just for bragging rights nowadays. The refreshrate of that monitor is good and I'm guessing you have a powerful enough gpu to push out the frames. I personally have a 1440p monitor but that's because I wanted a future proof screen and it has a 250hz refresh rate. I say get it if you are not going to game above that resolution but if you are planning to go higher like into the 1440p gaming then obviously don't buy it. A little advice for buying components... be confident in your decisions. If you spend to long thinking and assessing you won't enjoy the components you get and will always think you made a mistake. 

I'm looking to buy a similar monitor right now, specifically MSi's Optix MAG271CR.

That particular one is available in 1080p or 1440p, and I'm leaning towards the 1080p option. I think your PC hardware should be the deciding factor. If you can't or won't run games at higher than 1080p resolution, then I suppose there's little value in getting one with a higher resolution. In my case I don't have a high-end rig, so I'll settle for 1080p and try to get more frames out of the games rather than trying to push for an even higher resolution.