Which Laptop should i pick? Im Overwhelmed

Kurtchen

Heyho!

I know that there are like billions of threads and i am sorry for opening a new one, but i am seriously overwhelmed with what exactly i should pick for my case. Could you all please help me out?

For my case, i would need one i can use for master school, which needs atleast 8 GB of ram and a good CPU, due to visualization and calculations. It would be helpfull, if it has a good screen, maybe IPS?

I may will use it later to edit pics and videos, so optional a good colour rating?

Also i would like to play some light games at the evening, like Stardew Valley, Minecraft, They Are Billions or Factorio. Shooters arent a focus for me.

The ones i found that would maybe fit are:

Razer Blade 15 with the GTX 1060, i7-8750H, 16GB ram

Dell XPS 15 with the GTX 1050Ti, i7-8750H, 16GB ram

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 UX580GE (That one is kinda new so i dont know if it is good and which specs?)

What do you all think about them or do you have any other option i should check out?

Im just not sure which one i should pick, i normally build and use desktop Pc's.

Thank you for the help!

Kurtchen

Okay, may i ask why? Is there a special benefit in it?

My ooooold laptop used to be an Asus, so i dont know much about the ups and downs of others.

Razer is the Apple of the PC world.

I'd say just XPS as well, just make sure to configure or find one with an SSD over the hybrid HDD base config if you don't absolutely need mass storage.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

8 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Razer is the Apple of the PC world.

Okay, thats a statement ? Thank you!

I will look into the Dell more, are there other Options i should give a look too?

20 minutes ago, Kurtchen said:

Okay, thats a statement ? Thank you!

I will look into the Dell more, are there other Options i should give a look too?

I came from your same spot. I wanted a Razer because of their "higher quality" and reputation. I was very disappointed, it ran SUPER HOT and had a terrible battery life doing basic stuff (Chrome, and OneNote open). 

I would recommend an XPS for something that is sturdy and well priced for what you get. Have you considered a MacBook Pro? 

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

Have you considered a MacBook Pro? 

I did, but some programms arent running on it. I talked to the teacher that i will have and they always had issues with Mac's, so i want to avoid it.

1 hour ago, Kurtchen said:

I did, but some programms arent running on it. I talked to the teacher that i will have and they always had issues with Mac's, so i want to avoid it.

Just so you are aware, you can use Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac for whatever programs get buggy and macOS for normal use. BootCamp works very well. You can learn more about it here: https://support.apple.com/boot-camp

14 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Just so you are aware, you can use Boot Camp to run Windows on Mac for whatever programs get buggy and macOS for normal use.

I would have to ask, if this would resolve the probleme, she told me that there were connection problems between the Mac's and the adapter that communicates with the circuits.

I cant really say if its just Windows related, but thank you for the info!

Just now, Kurtchen said:

I would have to ask, if this would resolve the probleme, she told me that there were connection problems between the Mac's and the adapter that communicates with the circuits.

I cant really say if its just Windows related, but thank you for the info!

No problem!

Yes! Macs are VERY picky about their adapters since Apple uses Intel's USB hubs. I thought it was a software issue you were referring to. 

Just now, rf9661 said:

I thought it was a software issue you were referring to. 

I cant really tell tho!

i would have to ask, i just know she said "dont buy a Mac, it saves us all a lot of time" ?

7 hours ago, Kurtchen said:

snip

Location? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 hours ago, Kurtchen said:

Dell XPS 15 with the GTX 1050Ti, i7-8750H, 16GB ram

Great Choice

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours?

Germany, budget 3000€, open to all or nothing i want specially

2 hours ago, Kurtchen said:

Germany, budget 3000€, open to all or nothing i want specially

So you don't mind bulky laptops with poor battery life?

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

So you don't mind bulky laptops with poor battery life?

Nope, i will be mostly around outlets or anything i can charge it.

Stores would be:

caseking.de

cyberport.de

alternate.de

amazon.de

I personally buy a lot from Caseking, but they dont have a lot of laptops

If you want a really good CPU and don't mind extra weight, get Clevo P750/P751/P775/P870TM with i7-8700K from HIDevolution, ObsidianPC, Dreammachines or any resellers with CPU delidling service

Otherwise, Clevo N950TP6/N957TP6 with i7-8700 (Nexoc G521 CLS, Guru Venus, Kiebel Hellfire 8, Dubaro N957TP6, One Gaming K56-7K SE, XMG Apex 15 etc)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler