Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thought about a dual xeon Laptop?

There is a laptop out there made with a dual xeon cpu.  ever thought about doing a review on this laptop?  it is called: Eurocom Panther 5se.

Micheal

5 minutes ago, Micheal Collins said:

There is a laptop out there made with a dual xeon cpu.  ever thought about doing a review on this laptop?  it is called: Eurocom Panther 5se.

Micheal

that's a xeon server... not a laptop

9 minutes ago, Micheal Collins said:

Sounds interesting; wonder how its cooling performance is and if it would be able to keep both of the processors cool (maybe it could be modified to be able to include two actual processors and then have it bench-marked, sounds like a interesting project to tackle although could be quite complicated. Also, if it would be able to keep its processors cool then its performance in terms of benchmarks would be most likely really high for the processor. Lets tag @LinusTech and see what he thinks about making a review for this machine.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This is an old laptop, and its not dual xeon.

I noticed that it has a large battery pack similar to one of a UPS and in fact it is therefore a little on the more heavy and not thin and light side. It is being advertised as of being a mobile server based machine and not really a daily driver laptop or server machine. I see some potential uses for it and if they made a lighter version hopefully one day it would not be much noticeably different in terms of thickness and weight than today's modern thin and light laptop computers.

I will provide a link to this system which does contain a lot of interesting details about this machine:   http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,234,0)ec

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

it was advertised at one point as a dual xeon long ago, but has since been changed.  This was probably due to English translations.  But the concept of having a dual xeon laptop has been around for a while.  And i wondered if anyone has thought about doing a review on what it would take be.  I used the example from eurocom panther series as an example. It is nice to see how quick people are to make corrections and to judge before actually going to the product page or research into the product. Congrats on the quick responses and corrections. However, there was only one individual who actually looked up the info and provided some constructive input.  So, leads to the question again.  ever thought about doing a review of a dual xeon laptop? and how feasible it would be?