Buy a RX 570 8GB mining edition.

TheSaiyan

Hi everyone, this is my first post, i'm from spain but i do my best to write correctly :)

I have a GTX 970 and i've planed to buy a turing GPU but i'ts imposibble to me at the actual pricing.

I have the opportunity to buy a RX 570 8GB totally new with 2 years of warranty from 145 euros.

The 970 it's possible to sell between 120 and 130 euros easy so for 15-25 euros i have a new guaranty and 2 games ( res2 remake and devil may cry 5) from AMD.

I'ts worth it?

There is a very big difference with a normal RX 570? 

Thanks and happy holidays!

570 will not be an upgrade from a 970, keep your current graphics card.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

570 will not be an upgrade from a 970, keep your current graphics card.

I know i'ts not an uprade in therms of power but for no mor than 30 euros i have two 60 euros games and a totally new 2 year guaranty.

In games both have more or less the same performance. 

5 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

I know i'ts not an uprade in therms of power but for no mor than 30 euros i have two 60 euros games and a totally new 2 year guaranty.

In games both have more or less the same performance. 

Where does the "mining edition" come in? Is that the type of graphics card or something? Who makes it? Xfx? Sapphire?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Snipergod87 said:

some "mining edition" cards do not have display outputs.

and even if they have one, it's most of the times only one, and a dvid. why not getting a brand new 580?

29 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Where does the "mining edition" come in? Is that the type of graphics card or something? Who makes it? Xfx? Sapphire?

Gigabyte make it when the mining fever and now want to sell them.

42 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

some "mining edition" cards do not have display outputs.

Dual-link DVI-D *1
HDMI 2.0 *1

Display Port 1.4 *3

40 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and even if they have one, it's most of the times only one, and a dvid. why not getting a brand new 580?

The 580 are too expensive, the idea it's to do the change for a little money.

1 minute ago, TheSaiyan said:

The 580 are too expensive, the idea it's to do the change for a little money

It's better to spend money to get more performance, not to spend money to get the same. You're best off staying with the 970 and getting a serious upgrade later

Primary PC:

31 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's better to spend money to get more performance, not to spend money to get the same. You're best off staying with the 970 and getting a serious upgrade later

I am obtaining 2 games that i am absolutely buying and a guarantee.
If the 970 dies tomorrow i have nothing, if the rx dies tomorrow i have a new one.

The post it's basically to know if the mining edition can have problems for the gaming.

1 minute ago, TheSaiyan said:

I am obtaining 2 games that i am absolutely buying and a guarantee.
If the 970 dies tomorrow i have nothing, if the rx dies tomorrow i have a new one.

The post it's basically to know if the mining edition can have problems for the gaming.

What are the chances that your 970 is going to die tomorrow? My GTX 780 has been running since it was new, and is still going strong even while overclocked.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What are the chances that your 970 is going to die tomorrow? My GTX 780 has been running since it was new, and is still going strong even while overclocked.

All electronic hardware have the chances.

My old gt 9800 die without any signs from one die to the other.

The 970 dosen't die in the next two years? Ok, im not losing anything, and i have 2 AAA games of 2019 for les than 30 euros. Maybe les than 20.

50 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

Gigabyte make it when the mining fever and now want to sell them.

Dual-link DVI-D *1
HDMI 2.0 *1

Display Port 1.4 *3

The 580 are too expensive, the idea it's to do the change for a little money.

is it this one? 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580GAMING-8GD-MI-rev-10-11#kf

and how much would this one cost you?

and a ragular one?

16 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

Yes, it is. 

A regular one it cost 200, this one 140.

The difference for mi is spend 20 ish or 80 ish.

really? where are you located?

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

really? where are you located?

I'm from spain, and it's a store online called coolmod.

2 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

I'm from spain, and it's a store online called coolmod.

well, it's not a bad mining card, but getting a normal one is recommended by me. the choise is yours

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, it's not a bad mining card, but getting a normal one is recommended by me. the choise is yours

Ok thanks, I'll keep it in mind ^ _ ^ 

Eh, just do it. It has more than enough display ports, and you are not taking any risks since it is new. 

Hell, those free games are the main reason why I ended up ordering new Vega 56 to replace my 2nd hand 1080

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

44 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

All electronic hardware have the chances.

My old gt 9800 die without any signs from one die to the other.

The 970 dosen't die in the next two years? Ok, im not losing anything, and i have 2 AAA games of 2019 for les than 30 euros. Maybe les than 20.

If you’re so set on getting the new games.. then yeah.. do it. But it won’t be a performance upgrade...  imo better wait and save up and upgrade at a later stage. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

10 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Eh, just do it. It has more than enough display ports, and you are not taking any risks since it is new. 

Hell, those free games are the main reason why I ended up ordering new Vega 56 to replace my 2nd hand 1080

Ohhh, my best friend make the same change 1 month ago xD 

9 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

If you’re so set on getting the new games.. then yeah.. do it. But it won’t be a performance upgrade...  imo better wait and save up and upgrade at a later stage. 

The games are the big deal.