Feeling kinda small today

Radium_Angel

So last night, I watched this video (warning, it's 1.5 hours long)

in part because I was familiar with the subject matter (the OS) and in part...because the creator's mental illness hit way too close to home (long story short in the video, brilliant guy, struck down by an uncaring world and unable to get the help he desperately needed)

and it reminded me of a friend's birthday that was yesterday, she too was stuck down by the very same mental illness that took the creator of TempleOS. She had even started an online journal documenting her life, and slide into insanity, and as I went back to read some of the posts, you could see the switch from "okay" to "not okay" and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do, because she took off, firmly convinced she was "okay" but was being followed and "had to go".

Her sister was too wrapped up in her own world of social ladder climbing and finding "the right one" to marry (spoiler alert: I wasn't it) to give a damn about the real issues right in front of her.

I don't know where she (the sister) is today, but I hope she found peace.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.