Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which build will do better for gaming??

Srulik
 Share

Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

amd nvidia build

amd amd build (would add a aftermarket cooler for that vega, but it's 170 dollars cheaper than alternatives with a good cooler)

intel amd build

intel nvidia build

 

all should do 1440p gaming without a problem

Im buying a new PC and having a hard time deciding which is best...

 

ALL IM GOING TO DO ON THIS PC IS GAME. IM NOT GOING TO UPGRADE IT EVER (maybe add additional ram in 3 years...). IM GOING TO PLAY ON A 2K 144HZ DISPLAY. 

MY TARGET IS TO SQUEEZE ANY LAST FRAME I CAN FROM MY BUDGET SO THIS PC WILL TAKE ON HEAVY GAMES FOR AS LONG AS IT CAN.

SO, FOR MY PERSONAL NEEDS, WHICH BUILD WILL YOU RECOMMEND? MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE?

 

MY BUDGET IS 1600$

 

AMD BUILD?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($96.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Intel Optane Memory Module 16 GB PCIe M.2 80mm  MEMPEK1W016GAXT  ($33.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1504.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-27 05:24 EST-0500

 

OR

 

INTEL BUILD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($259.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($36.35 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 GAMING X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($96.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Intel Optane Memory Module 16 GB PCIe M.2 80mm  MEMPEK1W016GAXT  ($33.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1617.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-27 05:32 EST-0500

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a machine just to game on it the Ryzen 7 is not a good option. It is hardly faster than a Ryzen 5 in pure gaming workloads. So if you want to save some money you can switch the Ryzen 7 for a Ryzen 5 in the AMD build.

If you are looking for high frames above everything else the Intel Core i5 build should give you more fps because it has a higher clock speed than the Ryzen 7 and the performance per clock is slightly better.

Keep in mind that if you want to do streaming/recording the Intel Core i5 doesn't offer a lot of headroom for that kind of task.

 

Also at that price point I would strongly advise putting an SSD in for the OS and the most used games. Otherwise you are looking to spend a lot of time in loading screens even with Intel Optane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say invest in a ryzen, but wait for ces to drop prices or get the new chips. I kinda disagree with some choises in both builds. you want one from me as a good example for around that price?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

intel will be better in single thread perf. so for gaming, AMD for everything else. BTW optane won't work with amd board

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

intel will be better in single thread perf. so for gaming, AMD for everything else. BTW optane won't work with amd board

actually you're wrong. it would work. not that I recommend optane in general, but storemi could work with it

 

btw, on the long term, amd might be better for it's better multi core performence, and who knows what the zen 2 chips are going to do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

intel will be better in single thread perf. so for gaming, AMD for everything else. BTW optane won't work with amd board

oh.. ok i forgot that. thanks!

23 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

If you want a machine just to game on it the Ryzen 7 is not a good option. It is hardly faster than a Ryzen 5 in pure gaming workloads. So if you want to save some money you can switch the Ryzen 7 for a Ryzen 5 in the AMD build.

If you are looking for high frames above everything else the Intel Core i5 build should give you more fps because it has a higher clock speed than the Ryzen 7 and the performance per clock is slightly better.

Keep in mind that if you want to do streaming/recording the Intel Core i5 doesn't offer a lot of headroom for that kind of task.

 

Also at that price point I would strongly advise putting an SSD in for the OS and the most used games. Otherwise you are looking to spend a lot of time in loading screens even with Intel Optane.

im not going to stream at all.... which ssd do you recommend?

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I would say invest in a ryzen, but wait for ces to drop prices or get the new chips. I kinda disagree with some choises in both builds. you want one from me as a good example for around that price?

i dont want to "invest" im probably not going to ever exchange parts...

i will be happy to see your recommendation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

actually you're wrong. it would work. not that I recommend optane in general, but storemi could work with it

why not optane? i see all the reviewers says its like making your HDD into an SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Srulik said:

why not optane? i see all the reviewers says its like making your HDD into an SSD

one: not true, they still aren't up to the ssd level performence, especially with storemi. a real ssd can be had for that price. 500 gb 860 evo is 70 bucks for example. working in pcpp now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

actually you're wrong. it would work. not that I recommend optane in general, but storemi could work with it

 

btw, on the long term, amd might be better for it's better multi core performence, and who knows what the zen 2 chips are going to do

it will be recognized as storage for store mi, I saw that video, but it wouldn't be as optimized as with intel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

one: not true, they still aren't up to the ssd level performence, especially with storemi. a real ssd can be had for that price. 500 gb 860 evo is 70 bucks for example. working in pcpp now

ok... anyways.. can you help me build a machine for 1600$? with the only thing important is as many frames for as long as possible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

amd nvidia build

amd amd build (would add a aftermarket cooler for that vega, but it's 170 dollars cheaper than alternatives with a good cooler)

intel amd build

intel nvidia build

 

all should do 1440p gaming without a problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

amd nvidia build

amd amd build (would add a aftermarket cooler for that vega, but it's 170 dollars cheaper than alternatives with a good cooler)

intel amd build

intel nvidia build

 

all should do 1440p gaming without a problem

the last one seems the most exciting:

a few questions

 

what benefit does this mobo have on the gaming X? 

what benefit does this cooling have on the be quiet? and is it better than coolermaster hyper 212 evo?

what benefit does the case have on the H500?

is this SSD the absulote best for the price?

we almost do not have EVGA cards in israel... and i heard the msi is the coolest.. thats why i picked it..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Srulik said:

the last one seems the most exciting:

a few questions

 

what benefit does this mobo have on the gaming X? 

what benefit does this cooling have on the be quiet? and is it better than coolermaster hyper 212 evo?

what benefit does the case have on the H500?

is this SSD the absulote best for the price?

we almost do not have EVGA cards in israel... and i heard the msi is the coolest.. thats why i picked it..

 

12 phase power design, so much better/more stable power delivery to the cpu and other components, the best on the market for a really good price

be quiet dark rock I assume? well, it runs cooler and more quiet, yep

better cooling because of a mesh panel, and it looks better imo. the focus g would be a good alternative if you want something cheaper

together with the 860 evo it's the best you can get on sata

Msi isn't the worst, and gaming x trio is one of the best cards, but oh boy, evga has such a nice warrenty and consumer service. you could also look at the strix, aorus xtreme (waterforce too). or even the founders, at it is pretty good this time around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

12 phase power design, so much better/more stable power delivery to the cpu and other components, the best on the market for a really good price

be quiet dark rock I assume? well, it runs cooler and more quiet, yep

better cooling because of a mesh panel, and it looks better imo. the focus g would be a good alternative if you want something cheaper

together with the 860 evo it's the best you can get on sata

Msi isn't the worst, and gaming x trio is one of the best cards, but oh boy, evga has such a nice warrenty and consumer service. you could also look at the strix, aorus xtreme (waterforce too). or even the founders, at it is pretty good this time around

thank you so so much! 

if i want to save a few bucks here and there and take the msi card... what will the build look like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

in 2019/2018 I wouldn't get sata ssd for new high end system, get nvme and enjoy faster access times, yes yes, It will not be that noticable like hdd to sata ssd, but still worth it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Srulik said:

thank you so so much! 

if i want to save a few bucks here and there and take the msi card... what will the build look like?

a few bucks? the gaming x trio is cheaper? I would change the case then, as it won't fit... the focus g is a pretty good alternative

 

2 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

in 2019/2018 I wouldn't get sata ssd for new high end system, get nvme and enjoy faster access times, yes yes, It will not be that noticable like hdd to sata ssd, but still worth it

for double the price and a second or two? we differ in opinion a bit I assume

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

a few bucks? the gaming x trio is cheaper? I would change the case then, as it won't fit... the focus g is a pretty good alternative

 

for double the price and a second or two? we differ in opinion a bit I assume

in the store im buying there are no fractal design cases...

what else do you suggest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

the h500 is pretty good. the cooler master h500, the eclipse p300/350/400 as alternatives, but there are many more. I'm not that familiair with cases in general

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the h500 is pretty good. the cooler master h500, the eclipse p300/350/400 as alternatives, but there are many more. I'm not that familiair with cases in general

i think ill go with the h500.. thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

for double the price and a second or two? we differ in opinion a bit I assume

I disagreed about this couple times in last couple months, for me now nvme is a must, I see bottleneck when using sata ssd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

 

I disagreed about this couple times in last couple months, for me now nvme is a must, I see bottleneck when using sata ssd

well, everyone their own opinions, I don't see it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×