EVGA X99 Classified CPU Compatibility Question

Before you read any further, I've already checked EVGA's website and don't see this CPU listed in particular, but see every other one in its gen / era... And I can't fine any reason it shouldn't work...

I have an EVGA x99 Classified Mobo.  I'm wondering if anyone know "FOR SURE" if a Xeon E5-1603 V3 will work in it...  Evga doesn't list this specific CPU on their site, but the x99 Chipset apparently can support E5-16xx V3 CPU's which the 1603 v3 falls under that category..

Thanks & Happy New Years.

Yes it is supported.

Haswell-E, Broadwell-E, Haswell-EP, Broadwell-EP are the supported architectures.

-アパゾ

2 hours ago, APasz said:

Yes it is supported.

Haswell-E, Broadwell-E, Haswell-EP, Broadwell-EP are the supported architectures.

That's what I figured.. I already ordered the chip anyway at this point.  If the board works i'm golden, if not, well... It's still under warranty from EVGA, so i'll have to either sell it, or send it back to them. :)

My next question is:  Are the Xeon E5-XXXX V4 Chips supported too??  I was looking at another X99 board that showed support for the E5-1603-V3 and for a TON of V4 Chips...

I know for a fact that a lot of board manufacturers never update their websites or their board paper work to show newer cpu's and a lot of them will work with, and are supported with a simple bios update...

1 hour ago, JamesTheGreat said:

My next question is:  Are the Xeon E5-XXXX V4 Chips supported too??  I was looking at another X99 board that showed support for the E5-1603-V3 and for a TON of V4 Chips...

Yes, basically all Xeon; e5 or e7 ; v3 or v4... Should work with maybe a bios update for v4s

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas