Setting up my computer For a grahics and VFX artist

ZeroKnight

Good day all

I’m going to be letting my girlfriend use my computer setup to do some graphics art and VFX for her school work, she wants to use the following programs: Houdini 17.0, Autodesk Maya 2018, and ZBrush 2018. Now I look at and reviewed all of the minimum and maximum requirements for these apps, and my computer should be fine, my question is what would be the best things I can do to setup and tweak to have my system work smoothly for her while she is doing her work. Note that bellow is my system specs, and everything is stock settings (I’m not an overclocker). Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 8-Core 3.2 GHz (4.1 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD2700BBAFBOX Desktop Processor

GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 2-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7P512BW

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7E250BW

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM (x2)

Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP w/ Back plate SPECIAL EDITION (UEFI), 100411NT+8GSEL (x2)

Enermax Liqfusion ELC-LF240-RGB RGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 220-P2-0850-X1 80+ PLATINUM

Thank you all

since your system meets all the base requirements and you are running of ssds I dont see any issues you would have some of the part decisions are debatable but since you already have them not much you can do 

23 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Does she need to render alot?

Im sure she will, but im not sure how much. 

1 hour ago, Happycowdance said:

since your system meets all the base requirements and you are running of ssds I dont see any issues you would have some of the part decisions are debatable but since you already have them not much you can do 

Thank you for the comment, question what do you mean by "part decisions are debatable"???

5 minutes ago, ZeroKnight said:

580 is a good card for rendering unless she thinks it is being slow

you could always use this as an excuse to buy a new gpu?

4 minutes ago, ZeroKnight said:

Thank you for the comment, question what do you mean by "part decisions are debatable"???

uh 850w power supply way overkill

weird storage set up

250g sata

250g nvme

and 500g nvme is there a purpose to having that storage setup?

your not ocing yet you have a aio

50 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

580 is a good card for rendering unless she thinks it is being slow

you could always use this as an excuse to buy a new gpu?

uh 850w power supply way overkill

weird storage set up

250g sata

250g nvme

and 500g nvme is there a purpose to having that storage setup?

your not ocing yet you have a aio

Thank you again for the advice,

im not a huge fan of Nvidia, so what AMD card would you recommend if that did come up

the reason for the 850 psw was just a precaution and future upgrades if they come up, and the 2 SSD is for my primary storage needs, and the Nvme was just as an OS boot drive and cuz it was on sale. the AIO is cuz i live in japan and not the pest weather in the summer(and just in case lol). this was just meant to be a gaming system for me, but i haven't used it much.

1 hour ago, ZeroKnight said:

Then maybe have her use your pc to see how it performs now. 

If all she does is just sculpting and quick renders then i don't see the need to change anything

But if she does complex scenes then 16 gbs of ram may not even cut it. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

5 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Then maybe have her use your pc to see how it performs now. 

If all she does is just sculpting and quick renders then i don't see the need to change anything

But if she does complex scenes then 16 gbs of ram may not even cut it. 

Thank you