Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good cooler to overclock a ryzen 2600

AllianceLA
 Share

Go to solution Solved by narrdarr,

dark rock 4 or dark rock pro 4

i bought a Ryzen 2600 and i want an air cooler (or a AIO Liquid cooler if needed) to get a decent overclock in my CPU, Something around $75 and also my case is a NZXT H500 if you guys need it

Thanks before hand!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

dark rock 4 or dark rock pro 4

But does it fit in the H500? i don't know if it matters but i have a B450-F Strix motherboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gammaxx 400, cheapest option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, narrdarr said:

dark rock 4 or dark rock pro 4

You want OP to throw money in an open pit of flames don't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ears_ears said:

You want OP to throw money in an open pit of flames don't you?

Your knownledge in coolers thermal transfer, fans, and Silents must be limited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Your knownledge in coolers thermal transfer, fans, and Silents must be limited. 

 

The DRP4 may cool better, but it doesn't really lead to better gains in clock speed because voltage required to sustain an OC as the OC gets higher increases exponentially.

 

Therefore you would *maybe* see a 50mhz increase, which is nothing in light of the price difference between the DRP4 and the G400. 

 

You could have a 420mm custom loop with the 2600 and still not see any significant clockspeed increase because the voltage wall of 1.45 hits you like a race car after 4.1ghz ~ 1.25V. 

 

I think you're getting too caught up in the individual performances of each cooler and not recognizing the bigger picture, that is that much better performance doesn't necessarily equate to much better clockspeed.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ears_ears said:

 

The DRP4 may cool better, but it doesn't really lead to better gains in clock speed because voltage required to sustain an OC as the OC gets higher increases exponentially.

 

Therefore you would *maybe* see a 50mhz increase, which is nothing in light of the price difference between the DRP4 and the G400. 

 

You could have a 420mm custom loop with the 2600 and still not see any significant clockspeed increase because the voltage wall of 1.45 hits you like a race car after 4.1ghz ~ 1.25V. 

 

I think you're getting too caught up in the individual performances of each cooler and not recognizing the bigger picture, that is that much better performance doesn't necessarily equate to much better clockspeed.

 

 

 

Your points are valid, but they are of not the same topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Your points are valid, but they are of not the same topic.

I don't think you understand my point then, in which case I'll make it clearer. 

 

If OP bought the DRP4 (I hope not), he would be wasting ~$66, simply because the same clockspeed could be achieved on the G400.    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×