would you change anything with this build?

hey all, im planning out my next build and so far, ive settled on this.

my intent / hope is to mess with "gaming on a windows VM in linux (ubuntu)" trick thats come about the last several months/ this last year. id also like to decrease my render time in videopad.

to address what im guesting is going to be the elephant in the post, the reason im going with vega cards is 1: none of my programs use cuda, or can otherwise take advantage of nvideo tech. 2: i have 3 monitors, ive swapped 1 monitor for one that has freesync, and plan to replace the other 2 with freesync models as well.  3: i just want to show some love for team AMD since i havent done so in years. should also help heat the room in winter.

with that out of the way, is there anything yall would change?

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

12 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

Get the $400 12 core 1920X for now maybe, Ryzen 3000 is going to be announced in January and is going to have some decent upgrades all around, maybe the insane leaks of 4ghz will be true

And find a Silver Arrow TR4, easily the best TR4 cooler to buy

Otherwise buy a 1200W PSU maybe to have plenty of head room.

Maybe drop the other Sata SSD until you can toss in a 500gb-1TB model?

Also 7nm Vega gets announced at CES most likely as well, you kind of picked a bad time to build lol.

Sure you just don't want to live with like a $140 RX 570? Can still do 1080p gaming just fine.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Get the $400 12 core 1920X for now maybe, Ryzen 3000 is going to be announced in January and is going to have some decent upgrades all around, maybe the insane leaks of 4ghz will be true

And find a Silver Arrow TR4, easily the best TR4 cooler to buy

Otherwise buy a 1200W PSU maybe to have plenty of head room.

Maybe drop the other Sata SSD until you can toss in a 500gb-1TB model?

so, i looked, and i can find a 1920x for that price, but i found a 1950x for $500

i looked, and that cooler isnt available in the US, so the noctua may be the best thing i have.

ill consider a 1200W PSU

the 512GB ssd is going to be the OS drive, and the 259GB ssd is for video editing, as i currently edit of an external drive

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

1 minute ago, thehardwarehacker said:

You can just edit off of the 512GB SSD until you can toss in another high speed NVME drive or larger sata drive, not that it's that big of a deal really, but 250GBs is just too small isn't it?

The Silver Arrow TR4 was avalible for like a week on amazon before it sold out

there's some like import website that has it, otherwise you might want a wraith ripper, though I guess the fan is installed backwards. Or the Fryzen, bigger is better anyways, no idea why Noctua didn't make a dual tower cooler for TR4.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/thermalright-thermalright-silver-arrow-tr4-processor-cooler-thermalright-hardware-electronic-pZZa1-2098299542.html?language=en&currency=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC3h1Wh4zJ_wEywMU2n0mTJVhhe4kyIo-FQOpikm9w8tqfZ-DCeAzEsaAuBSEALw_wcB

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You can just edit off of the 512GB SSD until you can toss in another high speed NVME drive or larger sata drive, not that it's that big of a deal really, but 250GBs is just too small isn't it?

The Silver Arrow TR4 was avalible for like a week on amazon before it sold out

there's some like import website that has it, otherwise you might want a wraith ripper, though I guess the fan is installed backwards. Or the Fryzen, bigger is better anyways, no idea why Noctua didn't make a dual tower cooler for TR4.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/thermalright-thermalright-silver-arrow-tr4-processor-cooler-thermalright-hardware-electronic-pZZa1-2098299542.html?language=en&currency=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC3h1Wh4zJ_wEywMU2n0mTJVhhe4kyIo-FQOpikm9w8tqfZ-DCeAzEsaAuBSEALw_wcB

well, according to my video pad folder on the external drive, i have about 512GB worth of video files, which i could just relocate to another drive once im done, so i dont think that will be an issue. would just have to test it. though, looking on newegg, i could get a 480GB intel optain drive for $500....thats a thought for later.

i looked into what you said about the wraith ripper, and i found how to fix it, and i looks straight forward, and easy, so im actually considering it.

1 hour ago, thehardwarehacker said:

The wraithripper is just the biggest air cooler for TR4 that's more widely available.

Wouldn't worry about optane at all really. another 970 pro or WD Black Gen 2 in the future is probably good enough.

There is also the $50 Coolermaster dual tower cooler which is going to be fairly comparable to the other 2
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TJgzK8/cooler-master-ma621p-tr4-534-cfm-cpu-cooler-map-d6pn-218pc-r2

Just remember someone saying they had trouble mounting it on the taichi due to how high the VRM heatsink was.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

true enough, i was just having fun considering the idea of optane. though, i did look at the WD blacks, and found this:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/508295/black-250gb-3d-nand-pcie-nvme-gen-3-x-4-m2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive 

its a good size, and its cheap enough that the risk is low

3 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

I think that's a first gen model, 2nd gen models have 3K reads and 3K writes, they need a better naming set up

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I think that's a first gen model, 2nd gen models have 3K reads and 3K writes, they need a better naming set up

this has specs close to that. https://www.microcenter.com/product/476231/black-256gb-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

Just now, thehardwarehacker said:

That one is for sure a first gen model, I don't know how many models they have with the same name, it's really dumb

2nd gen "only" has 3K/1.5K, bit slower writes compared to the 970 pro I think, but that really doesn't matter
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250097&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That one is for sure a first gen model, I don't know how many models they have with the same name, it's really dumb

2nd gen "only" has 3K/1.5K, bit slower writes compared to the 970 pro I think, but that really doesn't matter
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250097&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

i see what your saying, those speeds are FAR better than the other 2

11 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

i see what your saying, those speeds are FAR better than the other 2

The other WD black with 3k reads on Microcenter is also gen 2

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The other WD black with 3k reads on Microcenter is also gen 2

ok, so as long as the read speeds are in the 3000 range, then its gen 2?

1 minute ago, thehardwarehacker said:

ok, so as long as the read speeds are in the 3000 range, then its gen 2?

Right

Spoiler