Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobile GPUs - MSI GE73 Raider

eradi
 Share

Hey Guys,

 

I'm about pulling the trigger on a new laptop (main focus: playing WoW, DotA,D3 and PoE).

 

Here is my problem, I am stuck between the 1060 and 1070 GPU. Performance-wise both should handle the games mentioned above with ease.

I prefer a more quiet laptop - does a 1070 be significantly hotter and there for louder then the 1060 ?

 

Greetz Eradi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

you want to game quietly? on a laptop? good luck with that

 

but to be serious, just look up the tdp of both, that should give you the answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you want to game quietly? on a laptop? good luck with that

 

but to be serious, just look up the tdp of both, that should give you the answer

Well, thanks for your answer. I play quite silent with an undervolted/repasted 6700hq and a 970m actually. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, eradi said:

Well, thanks for your answer. I play quite silent with an undervolted/repasted 6700hq and a 970m actually. 

well, there are many different 1070 and 1060 designs, i would look what tdp they report

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, eradi said:

I prefer a more quiet laptop - does a 1070 be significantly hotter and there for louder then the 1060 ?

You should go for 1060 then

 

Keep in mind that MSI GE73 don't have the quietest fan noise

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×