Moving OS only to SSD

Gandalfster

Hey guys!

So,I got an SSD that I'd like to use as my boot drive,and ive been using a single HDD for a year now with a lot of games etc.

I'd like to ask: Is there  a way I could use my SSD as a boot drive while keeping my data on the HDD?

Install the ssd then Use this..worked awesome for me . https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Title - moving OS only to SSD - no, it's not possible (in fact it is possible, but a little complicated). Unless you have less data on HDD than capacity of your SSD. Then you can clone everything and delete unwanted files later.

But... inside you asked: "Is there a way I could use my SSD as a boot drive while keeping my data on the HDD?" - yes, of course, install Windows on SSD with HDD unplugged.

If you're experienced user, you can install Win10 on SSD, then plug both drives (HDD and SSD) into another computer (with operating system installed on its own drive) and use good filemanager like Directory Opus to copy all files from your HDD to SSD with keeping permissions (proper option in preferences) from Windows, Program Files and Users directories, exclude ones that you don't want to copy (images, games etc). As you see - way too complicated and time consuming.

People really should partitioning their HDDs before install system. It makes much easier transfer system to smaller SSD later.