Issue with ASUS ROG Ryujin 360

Go to solution Solved by Lonewolf12016,

After 5 reboots and doing the suggested fix by ASUS (clearing CMOS) the bug as cleared and its all working fine, at first when I cleared CMOS I was still getting the issue, emailed them back telling them this, after about 5 reboots tho awaiting on their reply, all is well and its booting up as it chould, very strange but all in all, its all workng and to be fair its a very good AIO Cooler

I recently got the Ryujin 360 for my PC.

I have a ASUS B350-F Strix Motherboard

I connected the Pump to the CPU-Fan header, It was first plugged into AIO Pump Header but the CPU Fan Error became annoying.

I Plugged the USB header into the board, its been tried on both USB 2 headers on the board, result is the same.

Its a fresh install of Windows 10 on a NVMe drive, all disks where wiped.

The issue I am getting is that it takes ages to boot up, now here comes the weird part, I unplug the USB header for the AIO and it will boot up fine, just the lights and LCD is off, also the Fan on the pump spins at 100%. It will boot up within 10 seconds. I just it down and plug the header back in, it will be fine, when I then reboot or shut down, start it back up, the issue shows its ugly head again.

I have updated the BIOS on the motherboard to 4207, also updated the firmware on the Ryujin 360 to 1.00.05.

I am not sure how to get around this problem, everything else works fine on the cooler, its just this issue with the USB Header.

IMG_5427.thumb.jpg.60eb58eccda60dd07209b694a78243f0.jpgIMG_1709.thumb.jpg.33d965888edd00a8fa8bbce3a928456a.jpgIMG_0178.thumb.jpg.fe5f08f7a2105968107af95f3ed44bc0.jpg

2 hours ago, Lonewolf12016 said:

I am not sure how to get around this problem, everything else works fine on the cooler, its just this issue with the USB Header.

I'd try reddit and ASUS support. I watched the OC3D video on these, but I don't remember him mentioning this problem.
Have you set up all the applications for the cooler? Is there something in the uefi concerning onboard usb 2? 

This is weird tho, rog mobo and rog cooler, and it doesn't work out of the box?! what

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

Emailed support and this is their response:

Dear ASUS Customer , 

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support . 

In this case I recommend you make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit. Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

Our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.
If you have any other question feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Rado_K
Asus Customer Service

I have since tryied this and problem persists. I have emailed them back with this information, waiting for a reply back.

I checked on reddit and not many have this AIO because it’s new to the market.

I have thought it might be the USB controller on the motherboard.

But I have the front USB on the case connected to the board, and I have usb mouse and keyboard connected to the back. This has no impacted on boot up. It’s only when I plug the ROG cooler in.

Makes me think there is a problem with the wiring of the cooler, ie lose connector pins which I am going to check or a actually problem with the firmware.

If I don’t hear back from ASUS I am thinking about calling their support line, just hoping I don’t get someone just reading from a script and someone that actually knows something about the product.

I must admit I am shocked to find it didn’t just work out of the box considering they are both from. ASUS and they both carry the ROG branding. This was purely the reason I choose this AIO. Starting to think I should of gone for a NZXT AIO.

Apart from the USB header causing Slow boot up times. It’s a really nice product. The fans are great. The amount of air they push is surpising. There is a vent at the top of the case on the side. It keeps my legs cool ?, now considering it’s pushing the Air out of the case through the rad, instead of pulling the air from outside does shock me, but it works great. On idle I notice temps hit a max of 48 C, now bare in mind my home is always around 23 C due to insulation in both external and internal walls.

I haven’t put it through a 2-4 hour CPU burn to see how high temps get.

this is my next plan once I get this issue sorted. I did run the overclock utilitie that came with my board.

Max overclock with air cooler was 3.9Ghz

now I can get 4.0 Ghz

I have a Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4Ghz CPU.

9 minutes ago, Lonewolf12016 said:

Have you tried swapping the USB internal headers to make sure there isn't something funny with the specific header?

Yup swapped them around as my board as two USB 2.0 connectors, the problem still persists.

After 5 reboots and doing the suggested fix by ASUS (clearing CMOS) the bug as cleared and its all working fine, at first when I cleared CMOS I was still getting the issue, emailed them back telling them this, after about 5 reboots tho awaiting on their reply, all is well and its booting up as it chould, very strange but all in all, its all workng and to be fair its a very good AIO Cooler

• 1 month later...

How's the cooler workin? wat are the teps on 100% load? and what's ur cpu voltage?