Ryzen 7 2700 and GA-AB350 question7

Dxer

Okay, so my wonderful wife buys me this CPU for Xmas as well as a new 34" IPS.  Totally unexpected.  :)

I updated the BIOS F22 prior to installation.  It appears to have gone off without a hitch.  Install the CPU.   Boots up and runs fine.

Now the issue is that I lost the silicon lottery with this one.  I was currently running my 1600 @ 3.9ghz 24/7.  I can only hit 3.8ghz

with this CPU and it should be able to hit 4.1ghz?  

So did I lose the lottery or perhaps this motherboard just can't run it properly?  I am running the Gigabyte AB-350 Gaming 3 - CF board

that I bought last year shortly after Ryzen came out.  

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

Monitors: LG 34" Ultrawide    Samsung 28" 4k

Yeah, that motherboard's pretty bad.

Upgrade it to a B450-F or B450 Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3.8 GHz on that CPU is probably better than 3.9 on the other. Of course, voltage matters too. What have you tried?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Tried 1.4v @3.9ghz an no luck.  It will boot but eventually will lock up shortly after loading into windows.  

Also CPU temps are good.  Currently at 3.8ghz @ 1.221V and stress testing shows CPU temps in low 60s.

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Yeah, that motherboard's pretty bad.

Upgrade it to a B450-F or B450 Tomahawk

I agree

Just an update.  I figured out that the BIOS wasn't saving my vCore voltages.  No idea why.  I could before I flashed my BIOS from F10 to the current F22.  So that would be my

only guess.

I could increase the voltage with Ryzen Master though.  I was able to find a stable 4ghz @ 1.4v   

I couldn't get stable at 4.1 @ 1.4v though.  After stress testing at 4ghz, temps rose up to 80c.  A bit high for my liking so I won't bother trying 1.5V.  

So for now, until I try a new motherboard, I will stay at 3.8ghz where my temps hang around 63c under full load.  I only do some light gaming, astro image processing and an occasional video anyway. I don't need a super computer.  Having the extra 4 threads will be helpful.  

On a side note, the wife gave me the thumbs up to get a GTX1070.  So that will be ordered in the next few days.  :)