My Opinion on the INTEL® CORE™ i9 PROCESSOR

9thGen_box_grey.jpg

The Intel Core i9 Processors has come out to the general public! According to Intel The 9th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors the first unlocked mainstream desktop processor! Is the Intel Core i9 Processors are unlocked? According to the Following speed test is MUCH better than the Intel Core i7-7700K; See the following Speed Test chart found on PassMark

image.png

This Intel Core i9-7900X speed is almost two times the amount of the Intel Core i7-7700K but what is the Dollar Amount to the speed and the Dollar Amount to the Benchmark (CPU Mark / $Price) You can find to pay around ONE Thousand Dollar which is a hefty price tag if you are a casual gamer! In fact, NewEgg priced this processor at a hefty $929.99! This was accessed Christmas 2018 but that is still a lot for a processor... This processor is NOT worth buying at this point because of the fact it is better in performance but is not better to performance for the price tag! See the Chart below that compares other processors to the Intel i9-7900X

image.png 

Personally, I feel like this processor is not worth the hefty price tag that is one its bounty! If you are a streamer or a professional competitive gamer it is NO QUESTIONS ASKED worth it BUT if you are a casual gamer an Intel i7 would work just a well as an Intel i9 would work for you! This processor is JUST not worth it for the average person as of Christmas of 2018!

casual gamers would do fine on a i3 or i5 i reckon and maybe from a personal standpoint one could be overjoyed though a bit disappointed with results

ok.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Christiaan21-03 said:

casual gamers would do fine on a i3 or i5 i reckon and maybe from a personal standpoint one could be overjoyed though a bit disappointed with results

They could use an i3 or i5! I just used an i7 to compare to...

9 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

According to Intel The 9th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors the first unlocked mainstream desktop processor!

I don't know where you read this, but it's definitely not true.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What exactly is the point of this review? You reviewed a CPU that has technically already been replaced, and from the standpoint of gaming? And of course:

11 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

the first unlocked mainstream desktop processor!

What?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

What exactly is the point of this review? You reviewed a CPU that has technically already been replaced, and from the standpoint of gaming? And of course:

What?

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I don't know where you read this, but it's definitely not true.

I assume they mean that it was a first 9th gen unlocked processor, stupid word game from intel

1 minute ago, Ian H. said:

This is what Intel Says and I'm trying to bring attention to it

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i9-processors.html

Damn, you're right... that's definitely a lie.

Just now, fasauceome said:

What?

He's right tho

image.png.a457810c70e5c706d4a8bee3280eb99b.png

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The point of this review is that Intel is lieing that it is fully unlocked 

Just now, Ian H. said:

It's true that it's unlocked, it's not true that its the first one.

13 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

This Intel Core i9-7900X

You're also looking at the wrong cpu - the intel page is talking about the i9 9900k.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

The mulitiplier is unlocked, that's not the lie. The lie is that Intel says it's "the first unlocked mainstream CPU", which it isn't.

And is thread about the 9900K or 7900X?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

4 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

The i9 9900k, which you appear to have confused with the i9 7900X, is the fastest gaming CPU but is crazy overpriced. It is also fully unlocked. Inserting this correction into your review, it makes much more sense, but your review is still a little redundant.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Punctuation. Also, re-read your first bit. Some sentences don’t make any sense. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

get the pitchforks and feathers.. die intel die.. you bastards! grabbing all the money.

intels first unlocked 9th GEN desktop processor is the i9-9900k. it was the first and it is a desktop processor.

55 minutes ago, airdeano said:

get the pitchforks and feathers.. die intel die.. you bastards! grabbing all the money.

intels first unlocked 9th GEN desktop processor is the i9-9900k. it was the first and it is a desktop processor.

Its not unlocked tho

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

umm...

the 9900k is unlocked, thats what the k means

They "claim" its unlocked but I don't buy it based on the stats of the processor... If it is unlocked it doesn't perform what they claim it should

15 minutes ago, Ian H. said:

They "claim" its unlocked but I don't buy it based on the stats of the processor... If it is unlocked it doesn't perform what they claim it should

Huh?

What do you mean it doesn't perform as they claim?

Look here, they overclocked it to 5.0 https://www.anandtech.com/show/13400/intel-9th-gen-core-i9-9900k-i7-9700k-i5-9600k-review/22

If it was locked you can't overclock it.