I’m upgrading to an ssd need help

Lowspecgamer
Go to solution Solved by Fyfey96,
Just now, Lowspecgamer said:

Will it automatically activate or will I need a code?

Should be automatic, or sign into Microsoft account. Make sure your signed in on your current install and take a pic of activation ect just incase 

I’m gonna buy an ssd and I want to delete everything on my pc, but be able to transfer my operating system to the ssd. Is there a way of doing this without paying for Windows again?

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I’m gonna buy an ssd and I want to delete everything on my pc, but be able to transfer my operating system to the ssd. Is there a way of doing this without paying for Windows again?

You should be able to make a windows install on a USB with the windows media creation tool . Then when you install it should activate through your Microsoft account/motherboard 

9 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

You should be able to make a windows install on a USB with the windows media creation tool . Then when you install it should activate through your Microsoft account/motherboard 

Here is a good place to get the Windows Media Creation Tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7593_159229&tduid=(ir__hlqsbebss0dmsish01evqcvdzm2xhyt3dl1vfzij00)(7593)(159229)()(UUwpUdUnU50931)&irclickid=_hlqsbebss0dmsish01evqcvdzm2xhyt3dl1vfzij00

20 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Just now, Lowspecgamer said:

Should be automatic, or sign into Microsoft account. Make sure your signed in on your current install and take a pic of activation ect just incase 

11 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Ok thanks