Hair in monitor panel?

lorcav123

I bought monitor but seem that I got panel with hair in it. Does this come under monitor warranty? I bought it on Amazon es and if I want to send it back I would probably pay the shipping. First time I payed the shipping from amazon 30€ which is a high price when compared to my monitor value....

DSC_0658.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

That is messed up, what monitor did you get if I may ask ?  Send it back and don't buy from those sellers and that monitor brand again. 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

That is messed up, what monitor did you get if I may ask ?  Send it back and don't buy from those sellers and that monitor brand again. 

It is benq ew277hdr. Great picture but this problem bother me. I think if it comes under warranty amazon is paying the shipping. This problem is my focus right now but maybe I will forgot it about one week.

That is cool man,  Ok you got a very nice monitor BenQ pownz!!!  So its not that,, I guess you got the axe and got it from a bad batch or something.  If you still trust the guys you bought it from, just do a RMA and have them send out a new one.  Weird all my years 41 lol,,, of computing,, I never gotten a hair inside a monitor,,,,

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

That is cool man,  Ok you got a very nice monitor BenQ pownz!!!  So its not that,, I guess you got the axe and got it from a bad batch or something.  If you still trust the guys you bought it from, just do a RMA and have them send out a new one.  Weird all my years 41 lol,,, of computing,, I never gotten a hair inside a monitor,,,,

Does this problem comes under warranty? I was thinking of sending it after some time, not right now....

If you don't feel like sending it in yet, look at your manual for how many years warranty you have.  I know at minimum its 2 years at least..... So no worries there and yes you tell support your issue.  That is defective. Your not supposed to have hair inside a brand new monitor screen.  Just RMA with the seller Not the retailer.

7 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

If you don't feel like sending it in yet, look at your manual for how many years warranty you have.  I know at minimum its 2 years at least..... So no worries there and yes you tell support your issue.  That is defective. Your not supposed to have hair inside a brand new monitor screen.  Just RMA with the seller Not the retailer.

Yes it have 2 years on Amazon, through Benq probably 3 years. After some time when I send them for RMA will they disassemble whole monitor and just remove hair or they will switch it for a compleatly new monitor or maybe even offer to to choose some other? Do you know that maybe?

2 minutes ago, lorcav123 said:

Yes it have 2 years on Amazon, through Benq probably 3 years. After some time when I send them for RMA will they disassemble whole monitor and just remove hair or they will switch it for a compleatly new monitor or maybe even offer to to choose some other? Do you know that maybe?

You can either return it or exhcnage it and they will send you a new one.  Your asking now which monitor to get ?  Tell me what you want and do.  Do you want a gaming monitor or a producitivy desktop monitor that can game well.  How big you want it, "no silly not like that",,,,,  Im talking monitor size.  Also what resolution do you use ?

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

You can either return it or exhcnage it and they will send you a new one.  Your asking now which monitor to get ?  Tell me what you want and do.  Do you want a gaming monitor or a producitivy desktop monitor that can game well.  How big you want it, "no silly not like that",,,,,  Im talking monitor size.  Also what resolution do you use ?

That is in the case of return monitor in 14 days. I am not asking which monitor to get (there is still time for that), I was asking of RMA, will they open it and remove hair or they will send me unopened new one? One time I send mobile phone to service and they need to open it, and with that they broke some other functions so I am not a big fan of opening device.

11 minutes ago, lorcav123 said:

That is in the case of return monitor in 14 days. I am not asking which monitor to get (there is still time for that), I was asking of RMA, will they open it and remove hair or they will send me unopened new one? One time I send mobile phone to service and they need to open it, and with that they broke some other functions so I am not a big fan of opening device.

Well my experiences with RMA have always been you send yours in and when they get it they send you a new one.  They are not going to send you the same monitor back.. you just tell them its defective and has hair piece inside of it and you want to RMA it and they can even take your credit card charge you.. then when they recieve the messed up hair monitor they will refund you.. and you will have a nice new monitor with no hair.  Or ,,,,, you stick with this hair monitor lol for a while and maybe it was meant to be.  Perhaps you can now do more research and possibly buy a different monitor ya know.

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Well my experiences with RMA have always been you send yours in and when they get it they send you a new one.  They are not going to send you the same monitor back.. you just tell them its defective and has hair piece inside of it and you want to RMA it and they can even take your credit card charge you.. then when they recieve the messed up hair monitor they will refund you.. and you will have a nice new monitor with no hair.  Or ,,,,, you stick with this hair monitor lol for a while and maybe it was meant to be.  Perhaps you can now do more research and possibly buy a different monitor ya know.

Thank you for info. I will test monitor for a while, I read some similar situation when hair just fell after couple of days on the bottom of panel and become practically invisible. If that doesn`t work or if my constant focus be on that hair I will send it on RMA.

4 hours ago, lorcav123 said:

Thank you for info. I will test monitor for a while, I read some similar situation when hair just fell after couple of days on the bottom of panel and become practically invisible. If that doesn`t work or if my constant focus be on that hair I will send it on RMA.

ya its the bezel close , I mean I wonder if we can blow it out somehow ,,  but wishful thinking on that one.

Do you have a power blower for garden I would aim at the hair and let her have it,, but it can make it worse and the hair moves up the screen to the middle.  I think you should just get a temporary monitor and do the RMA.  I can see this is bothering you, and its a simple fix.  Where did you buy it from ?

I've had debris in LCD panels before. Best way to get them off screen is to tap the LCD panel pretty hard with your fingers about 10-20cm away from where the debris is

It'll send a little burst of air through the inside of the panel, pushing any debris away from the centre of where you're tapping.

At least, that's the theory. The hair might be stuck on something on the edge, but its worth a shot. It has worked well for dust in my experiences 

3 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Do you have a power blower for garden I would aim at the hair and let her have it,, but it can make it worse and the hair moves up the screen to the middle.  I think you should just get a temporary monitor and do the RMA.  I can see this is bothering you, and its a simple fix.  Where did you buy it from ?

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've had debris in LCD panels before. Best way to get them off screen is to tap the LCD panel pretty hard with your fingers about 10-20cm away from where the debris is

It'll send a little burst of air through the inside of the panel, pushing any debris away from the centre of where you're tapping.

At least, that's the theory. The hair might be stuck on something on the edge, but its worth a shot. It has worked well for dust in my experiences 

I think I will keep it for some time. With previous monitor Samsung C27F591 I had some problems (green area around edges) and it was two times on RMA , service didn t see the problem (stupid, I don t know why) but store support after I sent them picture of problem and second failed RMA refunded me. 

This monitor was bought on Amazon.es.

Don t have a power blower. I tryed to rub with soft cloth today, seem to have no effect. I will try this again a few time in next 2-3 days. It isn t visible in windows because taskbar and in games is visible only if I  focus on it and if game has a bright atmosphere.

Don t want to send it on RMA becasue it can get complicated and I would be without monitor for some time. I will send it maybe after some time, for now seem that with every passed seconds of the day it bothers me less? need to test it more

I don t won to end like this guy who tried to remove it and 20mn later broke the whole monitor

https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/1375965-there-s-hair-inside-my-monitor-wth.html

Forgot to ask does this monitor comes with so screen foil/sticker? On the monitor edges there is something like screen foil, just waiting to be taked off? Looks like some glossy line, maybe it is normal. I asked Benq support one week ago but still no answer. Pictures:

1.JPG

3 (1).JPG

3 (2).JPG

DSC_0650.JPG

DSC_0651.JPG

6 hours ago, lorcav123 said:

Forgot to ask does this monitor comes with so screen foil/sticker? On the monitor edges there is something like screen foil, just waiting to be taked off? Looks like some glossy line, maybe it is normal. I asked Benq support one week ago but still no answer. Pictures:

That is the polarizer. Do NOT remove it.