How do I add Program Files and Program Files (x86) on my second harddrive??

Ehrix

How do I add Program Files and Program Files (x86) on my second harddrive so I can install games and other programs on it? Does it do it automatically once I download a game to it?

Current Pc Parts:

-CPU: Intel i7-9700k

-GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 black edition

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

-Mobo: Asus z390-E gaming

-Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32g @3000MHz

-Storage: Samsung 850evo 256Gb

-Storage: Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm

-Case: NZXT H500

-Extra: NZXT Hue 2

Since your OS is presumably installed on your main drive, many programs will just automatically install there. Your only option really is to create some folder in your other hard drive, and direct all the installations there if possible. However Steam and most games have the option to change the directory, so this shouldn't be a huge issue.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

For most programs you have to manually tell the installer where to install the program. If the program installer doesn't allow you to change where it installs at all, it's likely installing in your %APPDATA% directory.

For Steam, Origin, and the like, you have to tell it to download the games somewhere else. In Steam's case, it's in Settings -> Downloads, and on the top there's a button labeled "STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS". You can create a new Steam library that way.

Otherwise, if nothing really cares about where the program lives, you can just move it to where you'd like after installing it. Though Windows' Add/Remove Programs may have a hissy fit the program is no longer where it should be (though I think it'll ask if you want to remove the entry for it)