Looking for help on a RAM upgrade

Go to solution Solved by APasz,

It'll work. The idea with ram these days is to get the capacity and look you want, at the highest speed you can get from a reputable brand for the money you're willing to spend.

The compatibility list is no where near exhaustive due to the sheer amount of modules and skus.

Hello all,

My current PC:

CPU: Ryzen 1600

Mobo: asrock gamigX

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb @2666mhz

GPU: GTX 1070 evga sc

2 samsung evo ssd's (256gb & 500gb)

I am looking for some help & opinions on a ram upgrade I want to do I currently have 16gb but want to get a 32gb kit that is compatible with this mobo & cpu preferably dual channel.

Would this be compatible ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/G-SKILL-TridentZ-F4-2800C14D-32GTZ-32GB-Memory/dp/B0171GQP6S/ref=sr_1_11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1519219133&sr=1-11&keywords=G.SKILL+32gb

On the asrock site I cannot see it listed in the compatibility list https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20X/index.us.asp#Memory

I'm not too sure on budget right now just looking at options on what is available.

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance!

It'll work. The idea with ram these days is to get the capacity and look you want, at the highest speed you can get from a reputable brand for the money you're willing to spend.

The compatibility list is no where near exhaustive due to the sheer amount of modules and skus.

-アパゾ

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 5:53 PM, APasz said:

Just to reply to this I went ahead & bought them just after Christmas & so far they have been running fine with no issue @2800mhz in my build.

Thanks.