Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for 1440p monitor for gaming and video editing.

m0nss7erKill

Hello! I'm looking for big ass monitor for gaming and video editing. I had 40 inch Samsung smart TV 6th series, but i sold it, so I can buy a monitor. 
The bare minimum is 27 inch. IPS or maybe VA panel. I wanted to get something with G sync, since I got 1070, but the prices get steeper there. 
My budget caps at 600 euro. 

Here is what i`ve found: 
AOC - Q3279VWFD8
LG 32GK850G (This one is good, but 200 euro more for the fuc*ing G sync).. 
 Or maybe 1080p ultawide, since i wont be able to drive 1440p ultrawide. 
I`ve never tried ulltrawide, nor monitor with adaptive sync, neither one with high refresh rate, so I'm pretty clueless here what to do. On theory, I know what is what, but since i`ve never tried them, I`ll need help. (there were rumors that next AMD GPUs will be pretty good, but I doubt that they will come at good price for me. 

I'm play race games, FPS, MMOs. RPGs. and Adobe Premiere 

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

5 hours ago, m0nss7erKill said:

Hello! I'm looking for big ass monitor for gaming and video editing. I had 40 inch Samsung smart TV 6th series, but i sold it, so I can buy a monitor. 
The bare minimum is 27 inch. IPS or maybe VA panel. I wanted to get something with G sync, since I got 1070, but the prices get steeper there. 
My budget caps at 600 euro. 

Here is what i`ve found: 
AOC - Q3279VWFD8
LG 32GK850G (This one is good, but 200 euro more for the fuc*ing G sync).. 
 Or maybe 1080p ultawide, since i wont be able to drive 1440p ultrawide. 
I`ve never tried ulltrawide, nor monitor with adaptive sync, neither one with high refresh rate, so I'm pretty clueless here what to do. On theory, I know what is what, but since i`ve never tried them, I`ll need help. (there were rumors that next AMD GPUs will be pretty good, but I doubt that they will come at good price for me. 

I'm play race games, FPS, MMOs. RPGs. and Adobe Premiere 

There's a lot of options out there. https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-DisplayPort-Adjustable-Ergonomic-EyeCare/dp/B017EVR2VM there's this one it's good but it's above you budget by a bit. This one would suit u well https://www.amazon.com/Swift-PG278QR-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01N4ENDXR/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1545772245&sr=8-5&keywords=27+inch+1440p

8 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

The first one is not an option, since its way out of my budged (I'm looking at the local prices, since Ill get it on a lease) The second one doesn't look very appealing with this TN panel. 
Also, I'm fucking mad about this ugly "gaming" design that some monitors have. Like ROG, Predator etc.. Am I the only one who thinks it fugly ?

GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

The first one is not an option, since its way out of my budged (I'm looking at the local prices, since Ill get it on a lease) The second one doesn't look very appealing with this TN panel. 
Also, I'm fucking mad about this ugly "gaming" design that some monitors have. Like ROG, Predator etc.. Am I the only one who thinks it fugly ?

Yes it's not everyone's favorite lol, what about this one? https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA2719-2K-SMHD-Frameless-Monitor-Inputs/dp/B0749R9Q3J/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1545772245&sr=8-7&keywords=27+inch+1440p

16 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

It doesn't look bad. The one that you gave me link for is 8bit with HDMI and VGA. 

With the same model number I found 10bit and HDMI + DP. I found revieo mainly for the 8bit one. People report alot of backlight glow and about 70% sRGB coverage. 

4 hours ago, m0nss7erKill said:

It doesn't look bad. The one that you gave me link for is 8bit with HDMI and VGA. 

With the same model number I found 10bit and HDMI + DP. I found revieo mainly for the 8bit one. People report alot of backlight glow and about 70% sRGB coverage. 

Every monitor you're going to pick people gonna be putting bad reviews about blacklight glow. My monitor is the asus pg348q 1000$ monitor and there was a tons of people saying it has backlight glow and bleeding problem and at the same time people saying their monitor is perfect. So when i got it i had zero issues with what people are talking about.  So it really depends.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:35 PM, charbel1011 said:

Every monitor you're going to pick people gonna be putting bad reviews about blacklight glow. My monitor is the asus pg348q 1000$ monitor and there was a tons of people saying it has backlight glow and bleeding problem and at the same time people saying their monitor is perfect. So when i got it i had zero issues with what people are talking about.  So it really depends.

Thats true. I probably will wait some time until I get something