Are my motherbaord drivers installed?

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
41 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

That doesn't mean every driver is up to date though. OP should still seek out manufacture's website for the latest, Windows Update doesn't always grab the latest.

And why does that matter when we're talking about chipset drivers? It's hardly the same as video drivers where running older versions will cause you issues. When it comes to chipset drivers there's absolutely no need to update to latest versions as long as you aren't experiencing problems.

If it isn't broke don't try to fix it.

Hello guys so i have a question.I recently upgraded my SSD/Mobo and CPU and i istalled Windows 10 and everything is working correctly (i guess).Windows 10 automaically detected my GPU/CPU drivers but i dont know if my Motherboard drivers are installed.Is there any way to check this?Thank you.My motherboard is Asrock B450M Pro 4.

you could try to update your bios and chipset drivers, but that's only if you really feel the need. if it's working fine, why change?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

you could try to update your bios and chipset drivers, but that's only if you really feel the need. if it's working fine, why change?

I dont know if it really works fine.I know it sounds stupid :(My Mobo recognised everything from Ram to SSD but i get the feeling that my motherboard drivers are not up-to-date.

8 minutes ago, NickWolf said:

I dont know if it really works fine.I know it sounds stupid :(My Mobo recognised everything from Ram to SSD but i get the feeling that my motherboard drivers are not up-to-date.

well, then update the bios and chipset drivers to the latest stable revision if you want to be sure

Those are usually just simple drivers to get you up and running, so you can see what you're doing and have internet to download stuff. You still need to update your drivers. Windows Update may have taken care of some, but it may not do all. So I'd recommend getting the latest from the manufacture's website.

23 minutes ago, NickWolf said:

Hello guys so i have a question.I recently upgraded my SSD/Mobo and CPU and i istalled Windows 10 and everything is working correctly (i guess).Windows 10 automaically detected my GPU/CPU drivers but i dont know if my Motherboard drivers are installed.Is there any way to check this?Thank you.My motherboard is Asrock B450M Pro 4.

Right click on Start and select Device Manager, take a screenshot and post it here please.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Right click on Start and select Device Manager, take a screenshot and post it here please.

Its in Greek so probably you wont understand but here it is image.png.78305869116bd2ce171065040c66e590.png

Everything is installed and working.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Everything is installed and working.

That doesn't mean every driver is up to date though. OP should still seek out manufacture's website for the latest, Windows Update doesn't always grab the latest.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

I checked Asrocks website and i downloaded the All In One Amd file.I installed it,restarted and now everything is working again.So i guess i am ok?

1 minute ago, NickWolf said:

I checked Asrocks website and i downloaded the All In One Amd file.I installed it,restarted and now everything is working again.So i guess i am ok?

After doing that, yes.

41 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

And why does that matter when we're talking about chipset drivers? It's hardly the same as video drivers where running older versions will cause you issues. When it comes to chipset drivers there's absolutely no need to update to latest versions as long as you aren't experiencing problems.

If it isn't broke don't try to fix it.