Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Y'all I need so much help rn...

So heres my PC:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i5-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-120gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600201.p?skuId=5600201

In short, I bought a new GPU. I bought an RTX 2080 (please dont ask why) and plugged it in and when i booted my computer up, I got the no display on monitor problem. AND I DID PLUG IN THE 8 PIN AND 6 PIN CABLES AS WELL. Ive watched multiple videos to how to solve this issue but none of them worked. So I switched back to my 1060 and I still got the same no display problem. Ive double checked to see if I seated the GPU ALL THE WAY IN and if the hdmi or dvi cable was plugged all the way in and if i selected the correct sources on my monitor. I got the same no display error so I dont know what to do. I send it to a friend and when he checked it, he said that nothing was wrong and the PC booted up just fine and showed the user login thing on the monitor. 

So i went and bought another gpu(rip money), I got a GTX 1070ti. Now i would have gotten a rtx 2070 but i wanted to see if it was because im using a 20 series thing rather than a 10 series. Ive read up on my mobo to see if it will work with an RTX card and it says it can so idk, The mobo is an asrock b250m-hdv. There is no info on the wattage for the PSU, ive looked on best buy and ibuypower but they dont say anything about the PSU. 

Can my system use a RTX 2080 or 1070ti? or am I stuck with a 1060 until i build my own pc.

Please I need the help Big time (rush) 

Thank

wow...that is a lot a money burning a hole in your pocket, you should hire a comp person if you like capitalism so much.

do you have warranty? does ibuypower have customer support? The PSU could've hit over voltage protection, thus switch it off. then unplug, the hit power button to empty capacitors on computer. then plug back in turn swtich on..

you could also be going off the onboard graphics, try and plug in via the motherboard hdmi/displayport to see if vid there

Return the 1070ti. Your board is definitely able to take all the cards. 

Try DDU uninstall of drivers and reinstall without GeForce experience 

That's an F in the profile pic

Did you plug the video cable (HDMI, displayport, etc) into your GPU and not into your motherboard?

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

I had a similar issue once with my RTX 2070. All was fine in the evening, next morning of booted up, no error codes but was no signal on monitor.

i took out CMOs battery and shorted it with the battery - everything worked fine after. Could give this a try

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD